What's new
What's new

Who does Automec CNC1000 Repair?

MARK07747

Cast Iron
Does anyone know where I can send my Automec CNC1000 backgauge for repair. Something went on one of the boards and I put in a call to Automec and they do not want to support any of their older units. They want about 10k to sell a upgrade which cannot be justified on the many used older machines out there. Any help would be appreciated.

Automec was helpful in my experience dealing with them trouble shooting a cnc1000 that we have. The parts used in those older units are simply just not available as new anymore, so you really can't blame them for not being able to repair it. We have old cnc equipment we are keeping going working on them ourselves, but everyone I know who tries to hire it out has very mixed results and usually ends up forking over the money to replace after a lot of headache anyway.

I would be reluctant to send parts out for 3rd party repair to someone who can not also be present at the machine to troubleshoot the issues.

For the work we do having a cnc backguage is a luxury, and just not worth spending the 10-20k on a new one for us either at the moment. Best of luck, and please report back if you find success repairing it. I would love for ours to be working again, but it just isn't priority around here.

Back