What's new
What's new

Wiedemann manual turret punch - manual, vocabulary & lubrication questions

AndyF

Stainless
I purchased a manual 12 station Wiedemann punch a few weeks ago and have been unsuccessful so far in finding a manual or other information on line. I'm looking for a manual, what the recommended oil is for lubrication and a parts diagram so that I can start an intelligent search for any parts that I will need to install 12 punches - the machine came with 8 punch holders. Any help is much appreciated.

Muratec bought Weidemann in 1989.
History | SHEET METAL MACHINERY | MURATEC,MURATA MACHINERY, LTD.

but the manual punches date from 1934 to maybe the early 70s, and its dubious that Muratec has much info about them anymore.
and, even if they had a manual, it would most likely be a one page parts diagram- industrial machines like this didnt usually come with much of any paperwork back in the day.

try these guys- they are good aftermarket suppliers for many orphan punches-
CE TOOLING HOME PAGE
I would call em, and talk in person- you always get more out of older industrial guys by talking, as opposed to emailing.
they have an online murata/weidemann catalog, but first you need to know what style punch holder your machine has. Then, they probably can set you up.

I purchased a manual 12 station Wiedemann punch a few weeks ago and have been unsuccessful so far in finding a manual or other information on line. I'm looking for a manual, what the recommended oil is for lubrication and a parts diagram so that I can start an intelligent search for any parts that I will need to install 12 punches - the machine came with 8 punch holders. Any help is much appreciated.

What is the model? R41?
I have a bunch of punches and a manual for an R41

John

Thanks for the help on finding tooling and the for the link to the R2 brochure.

Any suggestions for what oil to use for lubrication? or a possible source of a manual or parts list & machine drawing?

I dont think oiling most of the machine with a light machine oil will screw anything up. Its not like a car engine that is microscopic tolerances operating at hundreds of degrees and thousands of rpms.
For the actual punching, I really like PunchEazy, which I get from Cleveland Punch and Die. A little can will last you forever- I apply with a small brush- and it makes tooling last, and holes turn out better.
Cleveland Punch and Die Company - Punch Easy

R41 pinches/manual

What is the model? R41?
I have a bunch of punches and a manual for an R41

John

Do you still have the R41 manual? I don’t how how similar they are but I’m looking at purchasing a R4-HD and I haven’t been able to find a manual or much info anywhere.

Back