Is this wire scrap
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Is this wire scrap

Forgive me for I am not a welder......but I play one in my shop.
    Recently I aquired some welding benches and, tables and vices. Inside one of the tables where some rolls of welding wire, this roll has a broken plastic "rim" edge therfore has come somewhat undone. Is there a trick or method to saving this or should I scrap it? As I try to untangle it, it seems like it gets worse.
    Thanks, Ed

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yup you will have more time in fixing the mess than the spool costs. I used to get lots of spools like that and rewind what i could on 4" spools then can the rest of it...Bob
    Bob Wright Metal Master Fab
    Salem, Ohio Birthplace of the Silver and Deming Drill, all others are copies.

3. Likes ibc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aametalmaster View Post
    Yup you will have more time in fixing the mess than the spool costs. I used to get lots of spools like that and rewind what i could on 4" spools then can the rest of it...Bob
    THANK YOU! Its gone, I spent 15 minutes screwing with it then posted this thread. I had a roll of stainless delivered like this once but luckily the supplier exchanged it and said it happens a lot in shipping if not packed right. I really didnt pay anything for this so no big loss, thanks again for the reply, Ed