What's new
What's new

Worn-out Turret Tool, PONZ Rectangle 5x80+0.3

kurukukuk

Plastic
Hello! I am just new in the fabrication field. I would like to ask for anyone's reaction to our turret tool, a PONZ rectangle die measuring 5x80mm+0.3

20191018_090947.jpg

How long is it advisable that i keep resharpening the tool. Thank you everyone for your reactions!

Looks like it has quite a bit of life left in it.

Keep sharpening it till it hasn't enough material left to punch the holes you need to punch.

Perhaps this is too simple an answer?

Looks like it has quite a bit of life left in it.

Keep sharpening it till it hasn't enough material left to punch the holes you need to punch.

Perhaps this is too simple an answer?

We have been sharpening it for quite some time, that we are now using an improvised washer (1.5mm thick) inside the tool itself. Just wondering if this is still okay, or should i now get a replacement tool?

20191018_091225.jpg20191018_091211.jpg

The cost of replacing a tool still working will always seem unnecessary/high until something jams in the rest of the machine due to extending the life of the old tool with shims etc...
Place ordering a new tool on a to do list.
Keep the old as a spare while it still has some life in it

The cost of replacing a tool still working will always seem unnecessary/high until something jams in the rest of the machine due to extending the life of the old tool with shims etc...
Place ordering a new tool on a to do list.
Keep the old as a spare while it still has some life in it

Thank you for the advise sir. I have already sent a request for a new tool for our machine. Hope we could use the new one, while having the old one as spare.

Thank you again everyone for the replies!

Back