What's new
What's new

Wysong Model 100 Ironworker

AndyF

Stainless
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I picked up a non-running & incomplete Wysong ironworker. The non-running part should be easily addressed with a new start capacitor on the motor and some rewiring, the incomplete part is looking like it may be a bit more work.

The angle/square/round shear section is missing entirely and the flat bar shear blades are missing.

If you have one of these machines, know where parts might be available or have any literature, parts books, manuals, drawings etc please let me know.

-Thanks Everyone

contact chicago tooling, they make all the parts like that for edwards and probably can make you a custom set, not saying it will be cheap. probably still cost you 500-1000 for them.

contact chicago tooling, they make all the parts like that for edwards and probably can make you a custom set, not saying it will be cheap. probably still cost you 500-1000 for them.

Do you have a phone number or website for Chicago Tooling? I did a search and am coming up with a bunch of different shops. I'm not expecting this to be super cheap, if I can find everything I need for $1,000 I'll be plenty happy.

Here are a few pictures of the machine and the bar shear section missing blades. Based on measurements and pictures of a machine with the blades installed I believe they're 5" long, 1.75" tall, slightly over 1/2" thick (gap between mounting surfaces is roughly 1.080"). Mounting holes are 1/2" diameter.

I've been in contact with a few companies that make shear blades but haven't yet found anyone who has drawings for this machine so they're only able to make blades from a drawing or a sample which I don't have either of yet.

bar shear 3.jpgbar shear 4.jpgbar shear 2.jpgbar shear 1.jpgironworker 1.jpg

Just contact wysong. They are in north carolina. I have a wysong 1/4 x 10 shear and they are very helpful and you should be able to get a manual for it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I had one of those, and have stood in the parts crib at Wysong. Really nice people. If memory serves plant manager is Patrick (swayze?!) But drawings are all long gone. But they may know who makes blades. They had a larger 300 series in the fab area.

Make sure it is running the flywheel in the correct direction or it will break the cam.

Make sure it is running the flywheel in the correct direction or it will break the cam.

You wouldn't happen to remember which direction is correct?

I have it running so the flywheel spins clockwise when looking at it from the motor/flywheel end.

Edit: I've verified rotation is correct, clutch housing is apart now to address some wear on the cam.

Last edited:

Back