What's new
What's new

Accuright Readout Problem

batterzazu

Aluminum
My X axis readout has always went blank every once in awhile, today I went to use mill and the dang think keeps going blank. I took off the ends and squirted alcohol on the scale and wiped with a Q-tip and still have the same problem. So I switched the X and Y axis to see if the problem is in the scale or the readout, the problem is for sure in the scale. The mill is in my garage and is only heated when needed to day the high temp outside was 9 degrees above 0 I do not know if temperature is a factor here but I thought I would add that piece of info. I do have a swivel base on my mill so I guess i could just turn my work 90 degrees and use the Y axis readout for everything but I'll try the great brains here for help.

Thank You

Batterzazu;

Things to check before pulling the scale, scale
and reader head mounts, and proper alignment of
reader head and scale.
Also, used ethol (sp?) alcohol to clean glass
scales, don't use isopropyl alcohol as it leaves
a film.

Jamie

I would break out the installation instructions and check everything as if you were installing it all over again.
If the reader has tilted, or raised or lowered even the slightest bit it will give error readings or have the screen go blank. The same for the scale if the mounting bolts have loosened. Also if the reader inside of the scale has come too close to the ends of the scale on the inside (usually within 2" of the ends) it will angle the reader on the scale.
Also, the distance between the reader and the scale must be exact and measured with a thickness guage.
I have literature on the Accurite Microline & the 200S if you need info from them.
I believe Accurite has a 3 year warranty on their products so how long have you had them. I had problems installing the Microline on my New Mill and their technical service was top-notch!

Back