would you have a look what i found for sale:

Industrial machinery 4 axis machining centre | eBay

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

G'day mate,
    I'm hoping you can help me please, I've got exactly the same machine - a Herbert Nuttal lathe, build date is 9/7/1945.
    I've stripped my machine down as you mentioned you were doing in the above message, I'm now re-assembling the apron and have discovered there are two gears missing for the cross slide feed, e.g. the lever that operates from sliding to cross slide on the cam shaft, there is a gear missing from there. The other gear that's missing is obviously an idler gear that meshes underneath your cross slide gear to give you manual to auto feed, e.g. the cross feed wind handle
    I would much appreciate if you could tell me the diameters of these two gears, the teeth of these two gears and the thickness please?
    Is there anyone else out there that can tell me the size of the involute cutter that I need to cut these gears please. I have a set of cutters but they don't go up to this gear tooth size to cut the teeth in these gears.
    I've removed the 2hp 3 phase motor and replaced it with a 3 hp 240 volt electric motor and it works like a charm. I'm based here in Newcastle and have contacted the guy that bought all the Nuttal parts but I find him a bit expensive, I only paid $250 for the lathe and he was asking $100-$150 per gear, so now I'm trying to make my own. (If anyone else would like his number, I can pass it on).
    I've repaired 3 other gears using a mill slide and the gear cutters that I have.
    I'm a retired Fitter / Machinist and now on the home stretch of re-building this lathe, just need some help / info on this final problem.
    If you'd like any info on my re-build please don't hesitate to contact me on .... 0435918487.
    Looking forward to your reply.
    Regards
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am not sure if a Demco shaper has been included yet. Well here is one, looking a bit neglected, but I have seen a more recent photo showing some primer paint going on.
    Demco, Purcell Eng Co. 1940 PTY Ltd.

demco-purcell-eng-1940-pty-ltd.-01.jpg demco-purcell-eng-1940-pty-ltd.-02.jpg demco-purcell-eng-1940-pty-ltd.-03.jpg demco-purcell-eng-1940-pty-ltd.-04.jpgdemco-purcell-eng-1940-pty-ltd.-05.jpg

4. Likes RC99 liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think anyone has mentioned the Rexman lathes I believe they were made in Richmond in the 50's or 60's I have one I inherited from my father still use it from time to time