The Best hand oiler???? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dredging up the word "Goldenrod" on a search......

Three of the above posts refer to replacing the pump handle on the Goldenrod manual oiler.

I just got one for nothing, missing the handle! Doesn't seem to leak from the reservior.

Did any of you make drawings of your replacement handle, or did you just "wing it" and start cutting metal? What does the handle look like? How is it fastened to the pump rod? (Remember, I've never seen the handle, it was missing when I got the can.)

John Ruth

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Thanks for the info.

I just bought a Reilang QUOTE=AlfaGTA;221938]Brian : Don't bother, there is a German made oilcan avaliable from McMaster Carr . Thing has a Die Cast resivour (aluminum) sealed with an o ring. The pump part is all brass with a swivel pickup that works in any position. It even has a secondary pump that works if the thing is upside down.....Company is called Reilang. I just bought one and it works great. I have way lube in mine so it dosen't shoot too far when pumped, but it works well and dosen't leak.
    Cheers Ross[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by briantrrnv View Post
    I just bought a Reilang QUOTE=AlfaGTA;221938]Brian : Don't bother, there is a German made oilcan avaliable from McMaster Carr . Thing has a Die Cast resivour (aluminum) sealed with an o ring. The pump part is all brass with a swivel pickup that works in any position. It even has a secondary pump that works if the thing is upside down.....Company is called Reilang. I just bought one and it works great. I have way lube in mine so it dosen't shoot too far when pumped, but it works well and dosen't leak.
    Cheers Ross

The thread is 15-y.o.

But since you answered it, it would be nice if you provided the product# for the oiler you refer to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I purchased a Reilang oiler a few months back and liked it so damn much I bought two more for different lubricants... my only dilemma now is figuring out how to mark them for identification in a manner that fits the elegance of the oiler itself.

Reilang oilers from Switzerland | Jens Putzier Tools

This is where I ordered from... also they are Swiss not German.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The Best hand oiler????

I bought one of those from Jens about a year ago, it’s a great Oiler, very well built, pumps evenly and doesn’t leak. I screwed up the rubber gasket between the pump and reservoir, it’s kind of too soft rubber, so I made a new one from Garlock gasket material I had laying around.
    I bought the pump, a rebuild kit that I will likely never use, and with shipping it was close to $90 I believe, but worth it. I use it to every time I’m in the shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro