What's new
What's new

Camtak 13 lathe

bike builder

Plastic
I just bought a Camtak 13 lathe and am having trouble getting the metric threading set up right, inch threading is no problem but I have no manual and think I may be missing a gear for this? Anyone have any knowledge on these Camtak lathes?
thanks

Don't know Camtak but if its standard issue import you need to change at least one gear in the train. Also probably need a 127 tooth in there somewhere. Try looking at the manuals for the 13" on Grizzly or HF website
Bob

bike builder, this is your lucky day. I also have a Camtak 13x40 lathe and I have the manual and parts manual. I will email you and get your address and send you a copy of them. There is a problem with the way to set up to cut threads. I will go to the shop and make sure I tell you the real way and not something I am trying to remember of the top of my head. I can email the page that you need and send the rest by snail mail.

One thing for sure is if you have an inch leadscrew you will need to leave the half nut engaged at all times when cutting metric threads. This means you need to stop the spindle back the tool out and reverse the spindle to run the tool back towards the headstock. Stop the spindle. Set up for another pass and start the spindle in forward. Repeat the process. Its a general PITA but it is the only way to do it short of having a leadscrew that can be reversed independently

carl I have the same lathe as the bike builder, by any chance do you still have the same manual for the camtak 13 lathe? I need the wiring diagram, for some reason I can not get the wiring correct to install it on my shop, any info I realy appreciate.
thanks for your time.
Don

bike builder, this is your lucky day. I also have a Camtak 13x40 lathe and I have the manual and parts manual. I will email you and get your address and send you a copy of them. There is a problem with the way to set up to cut threads. I will go to the shop and make sure I tell you the real way and not something I am trying to remember of the top of my head. I can email the page that you need and send the rest by snail mail.

I am new to the forum. I noticed your post about having a CAMTAK lathe MANUAL. May I purchase a copy from you?

Thanks

-somebodiesdarling

Camtak 13/40

I also have a Camtak 14/ 40 lathe & would appreciate a manual. Could you email me at: [email protected]
Thanks

Back