Camtak 13 lathe
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Camtak 13 lathe

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just bought a Camtak 13 lathe and am having trouble getting the metric threading set up right, inch threading is no problem but I have no manual and think I may be missing a gear for this? Anyone have any knowledge on these Camtak lathes?
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't know Camtak but if its standard issue import you need to change at least one gear in the train. Also probably need a 127 tooth in there somewhere. Try looking at the manuals for the 13" on Grizzly or HF website
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, I'll try that

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

bike builder, this is your lucky day. I also have a Camtak 13x40 lathe and I have the manual and parts manual. I will email you and get your address and send you a copy of them. There is a problem with the way to set up to cut threads. I will go to the shop and make sure I tell you the real way and not something I am trying to remember of the top of my head. I can email the page that you need and send the rest by snail mail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One thing for sure is if you have an inch leadscrew you will need to leave the half nut engaged at all times when cutting metric threads. This means you need to stop the spindle back the tool out and reverse the spindle to run the tool back towards the headstock. Stop the spindle. Set up for another pass and start the spindle in forward. Repeat the process. Its a general PITA but it is the only way to do it short of having a leadscrew that can be reversed independently

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

carl I have the same lathe as the bike builder, by any chance do you still have the same manual for the camtak 13 lathe? I need the wiring diagram, for some reason I can not get the wiring correct to install it on my shop, any info I realy appreciate.
    thanks for your time.
    Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have the same lathe, can we share the manual? I have electrical issues on the install.
    thanks.
    Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by swdieselinc View Post
    I have the same lathe, can we share the manual? I have electrical issues on the install.
    thanks.
    Don
    I hate to be another but, I just picked one of these up as well!
    Can I get a copy of the manual?

To [email protected]

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by swdieselinc View Post
    carl I have the same lathe as the bike builder, by any chance do you still have the same manual for the camtak 13 lathe? I need the wiring diagram, for some reason I can not get the wiring correct to install it on my shop, any info I realy appreciate.
    thanks for your time.
    Don
    Good luck, his profile indicates:

Last Activity: 10-23-2009 05:23 PM

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Darnell View Post
    bike builder, this is your lucky day. I also have a Camtak 13x40 lathe and I have the manual and parts manual. I will email you and get your address and send you a copy of them. There is a problem with the way to set up to cut threads. I will go to the shop and make sure I tell you the real way and not something I am trying to remember of the top of my head. I can email the page that you need and send the rest by snail mail.
    I am new to the forum. I noticed your post about having a CAMTAK lathe MANUAL. May I purchase a copy from you?

Thanks

-somebodiesdarling

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kentucky
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Camtak 13/40

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Darnell View Post
    I also have a Camtak 14/ 40 lathe & would appreciate a manual. Could you email me at: [email protected]
    Thanks

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kentucky
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Im new here. Tried to reply but not sure it went. i sure would like to have a manual on the Camtak 13/40 lathe. could you email me at [email protected].
    Thanks

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi, I just picked one up is it possible to get a copy of the manual? [email protected]