What's new
What's new

clausing colchester 13"

slickfit

Plastic
where can i buy a manual for this lathe and i know i'll be needing parts.
got this at an auction today, can't locate any numbers on it, probably not looking in the right place.
got some advise?
lathe1.jpg

On the tailstock end of the bed in your picture, there's a shiny spot, looks like a silver sticker, just left of the end-support-bracket for the leadscrew, feedrod and clutch rod.

Look on the vertical front face of the way surface there...should be a number like X/YYYY/ZZZZZ stamped into the metal.

Parts, lookout, Clausing USA is high as the moon (reasonable on way wipers, though). There's also a company in the UK I have dealt with, search "colspares".

Clausing USA will give you the exact model number if you give them the serial #, no charge for that service

Other variants have 40" between centers (I suspect yours is 25") and there are straight beds and gap beds too.

Slickfit,
The lathe at least here in Australia is called a Master 2500. If you are going to tear into it, suggest that you check the saddle apron oil for water / coolant contamination (if its been used) by removing the drain plug and see what's there. Any crud / slime would best be fixed through a full strip as there would likely be some internal corrosion. Replace O ring seals on cross feed screw shaft. All the best with the machine.

i got another 13" lathe last night. it needs work and i don't really need two. i bought it for some parts. wonder what i'll keep and what i'll sell.
don't have room for both....

my knowledge is limited in the lathe dept. i've spent 3 hours looking at vfd,rpc,static converters. brain is cramping. and i still don't exectly know what which way to get this lathe powered up. so much info.. oh well gonna call a friend for advice...
everytime you guys talk about a part on a lathe i gotta look it up to see what we're talking about. when the manual gets here i start reading then watch out....

Hi,

I sell used Clausing-Colchester parts at a discount. If you need a manual please e-mail me the serial # and I can supply one. When you need parts, there is a good chance that I can save you some money.You can go to my web-site @ www. fdk3co.com.

Thanks,

Frank

Back