What's new
What's new

Dial bore gauge

GregSY

Diamond
Snakes aside, I am looking for a quality dial bore gauge which can measure a bore about 6-8" deep, and has a range of .500 through 1.00"

There are planty on Ebay and in J&L but none go that small and/or that deep at the same time.

Does anyone know who sells such a tool?

Thanks.

Sunnen, but you will need two. The range is from .495-.750 and .740-1.19. Nice setup if you have the setting master micrometer. Will not rquire ring gages to set to any size you need and they are avaliable in different lengths. read directly to a tenth.
Cheers Ross

I'll second the Sunnen choice. We have a varied assortment of these from .5 to 6" and from 6" to 18" deep. First rate accuracy and reliability.

Standard (later Brown & Sharpe) sold the Micro-EBG digital bore gage that had replaceable heads and optional extensions which should get you the depth, but I think the range of the heads was 0.2" or less each so you'd probably need 2 or 3 of those.

They come up on Ebay from time to time but generally go pretty dear.

Mike

Greg

Diatest makes deep hole dial bore gages in that size range. Diatest modular design lets you buy just the probes and accessories you need.

You can buy a used set on ebay fairly cheap and then add the 6" extension from Diatest.

Too bad you missed the 12" long size #1 Standard Gage on ebay dial bore

AJ

I have a 46,456 mm DIATEST bore gauge that is not properly reading. The bore gauge appears to no longer expand out as it used to. The digital indicator reads a difference of 0.0001", not 0.0073" as it should.
The digital indicator, handle, and all other parts are perfectly fine as I've switched out each one to see where the problem is. I have another bore gauge the same size that expands properly.
I also noticed that the needle in the bore gauge that does not work doesn't "bounce" as much as in other bore gauges. This might be an internal problem that cannot be fixed by hand and a replacement needs to be bought. The company I work for can afford another bore gauge, but a solution to help fix it would be appreciated.

Back