What's new
What's new

draw compartment system

damonfg

Titanium
Guys, I have a crapsman tool chest and roll away that i'd like to use for drill & mill storage.

I need some ideas on what to use for dividers to keep the sizes segregated.

Thoughts ?

Check out the Vidmar, Listor sites they have dividers of every type you can imagine. You should be able to use theirs for any typw of drawer.

Damonfg, over here in the UK we have square plastic (PVC or ABS) electrial trunking in all sorts of sizes and it's cheap, rip it in to channels on a table saw, often you'll get 2ft out of 1 if you get my drift.

Just lay them in the drawers, and they can easily be taken out for cleaning,..... that's if you do that sort of thing.

Another idea, cut rebates in say 1X2 and lay them side by side, or even thin ally extrusions....... MDF or whatever you call it, and mill slots in boards cut to fit snugly in the drawers,..... ball end if you want to go posh.

We have kitchen type plastic cutlery drainer and storage trays? they're both tough and cheap.... for the bigger stuff. Your WallMart must have those, surely.

Anyway, keep you a troshin bor. Sami.

rubbermaid makes small plastic "bins" in various sizes that itnerlock with each other, I have one draw in my box with all kinds of them in there, pretty handy, in the kitchen crap at your favorite inport mass retailer of cheap chinees crap
Jim

Look at the adjustable compartment fishing tackle boxes. In deeper drawers, you can stack them, and they're easily carried to and from the job. Or, rip the lids off, if that's better for you.

GO trash picking on recycling days...grab the square laundry detergent jugs and cut the bottoms off to the required height.

If you get enough, and rinse and save before you cut, you'll have enough detergent to do a load of wash. ;)

Ferrous,
And we get the latest business gurus doing books and ''consultancies'' (don't start me on that subject about lean manufacturing like it's the best and newest thing since sliced bread, oh boy have we missed out somewhere?

Back