Enterprise Lathe - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Does anybody know where can I get the thread relation plates for an Enterprise IE75? Any help will be really appreciated.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dear Sir(s)

I have a Mysore Kirloskar engine lathe of about 1960's vintage. Trying to find information on it and maybe a manual. It's about a 12 x 48" with QC gearbox and all the bells and whistles, but the only thing I can find is the MDB2 numbers cast into the base of it. Would a picture help?

I will try once to upload a pic here, but I get frustrated easily.

Please contact me any time with any info you may have about this machine!

Earl White
    [email protected]

img_0026.jpgimg_0023.jpgimg_0024.jpgimg_0025.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default manual for the enterprise 1550 machine

Quote Originally Posted by craigd View Post
    I've owned an Enterprise lathe for 28 years (bought it used - nearly new). I don't work it hard, it has performed well for me. I bought it because a local machinist had one, liked it and he bought two more (oh, and it was available).

I appreciate that this is an old thread, so likely will go nowhere. That my contribution.
    do you happen to have a manual for the enterprise 1550 lathe, or know where i can get one?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclotronguy View Post
    I had one of the 70's Enterprise lathes, of about 14" swing... what a POS. Looked heavy as hell, you couldn't take a cut that a 9" SB would take in stride without the Enterprise chattering like a kid in the cold. Underpowered, yet given any kind of a load it would throw it's drive belts. Gears were nicely finished cast mystery material, that tended to shed teeth for no real reason. Electrics were shall we say unique. Newer ones, I've heard are fine... having said that, I would look very close and ask to try under power. Was a happy day, when mine went off to a home shop.

Cyclotronguy
    Well this rips it, found a Mysore Kirloskar L2 Enterprise 15″ Lathe and was considering making an offer but after reading the quoted post above, I don't think so, specially since it is a 1970's model and not under power so I can't test it. If it was all in working order and I could test and see that and get it cheap enough I might take a chance but...

Any way I did find a source of manuals for this lathe so if you got one, here you go.

Mysore Kirloskar L1 L2 Enterprise 15" Lathe Instructions and Parts Manual | Ozark Tool Manuals & Books

There is scant little info online for these lathes, this is why I chose to wake up this old thread. Only one other forum had anything at all. Did a lot of searching and only just now found the manual so posted a link here for any one who needs the manual.

One I found on CL is listed for fourteen hundred for a bare lathe but with a collet closer. Uploaded photos of it below. Compared to what similar size machines are listed for in the pacific northwest this is cheap. Oh well, there is a rusty beat looking Logan 6560 for 1200, probably should go for that instead and fix it up. or keep saving and get something a lot better later on...

00o0o_hsogymsv8rv_1200x900.jpg00o0o_hsogymsv8rv2_1200x900.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default repost please

Quote Originally Posted by craigd View Post
    I sent you pictures of the chart, sales brochure and the manual - did they get through?
    could you please send to me Thanks

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Could I get a copy of the thread chart too please.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lgat View Post
    do you happen to have a manual for the enterprise 1550 lathe, or know where i can get one?
    i have a couple copies of the manual for a 1550 if you or anyone needs it.

my thread dial is missing any indicators, anyone have some photos of theirs or reference for way for me to remark my dial?

-Doug

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Alberta
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doug is it still possible to get a copy of tha Enterprise 1550 manual? Thanks, Randy

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Randy, sure. send me a email or pm on here i will get it off the shelf and get you a copy. any chance you can help me with the thread dial? pictures or some description of location of the marks to rivets, as thats all i have to go off of.

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Sail View Post
    Doug is it still possible to get a copy of tha Enterprise 1550 manual? Thanks, Randy

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can anyone tell me what kind of oil I should be using in an Enterprise 2215 Lathe? Thank you!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here find one in Michigan...looks like a very nice machine..
    Stated 8 x 36 but looks bigger than that. Perhaps a 16-36? SAE and MM threads..looks like the tail travels?
    I would go look at it if I had the space.

Enterprise Minneapolis All Engine Lathe - heavy equipment - by owner - sale