Feeler drill and tapping press - Any good? Bought this on eBay....
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fellas,

After cruising eBay for over four months, I finally gave up trying to find a decent Clausing or such drill press within driving range of NC. $350 was my budget. Saw some go for around this price, but not close enough to go fetch.

I splurged a li'l and bid upon this double-unit Feeler drill instead. Tired of looking. Looks pretty nice, spoke to original owner on phone. Figure if one goes down, then I've got a parts machine. If they both work, then great, that'll be a nice luxury. Seem like stouter units than the type drill I was looking for to begin with, I think I might have gotten lucky here. (Would have been luckier yet if the only other bidder hadn't nibbled me right up to my limit! )

So, anybody ever seen or used one of these? Ever hear any feedback? Have any thoughts about 'em just from looking?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7605818096

P.S. By the way, this means I'll be driving from NC to Binghamton, NY with an empty truck in about a month. Small truck, not a big one. If anybody near me has something small, but too large or heavy for UPS, I'll be glad to drop it off along the way for some help with the gas. Geez, it'll be $3 a gallon by then....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Should be nice...looks like Arboga (Swedish) copies. Feeler has good reputation with their various Hardinge copies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like a great deal. If you want to drop the one you don't want on my doorstep, I will be eternally grateful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What a deal, good score.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ah, just the way I wanted to start the day....

I'm aware that the Feeler version of the Hardinge lathe has a good rep. Hadn't considered these might also be copies. Maybe Arbogas? Sounds good to me!