Gloves while milling? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For removing heavy, stringy chips we ended up going with a glove out of Grainger called "Junk Yard Dogs". Item #: 4JF38. These are heavy Kevlar mesh with a very tough leather palm. Wear a pair of exam gloves underneath if you need chemical protection.

We tested a bunch of different Cut resistant gloves on a job with 17-4 PH stainless which produces horrendous chips! Extremely sharp, long and difficult to break. The Junk yard dogs were the only ones that would hold up for any length of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are times I will wear gloves running mills or lathes depending on what I am doing. If I am roughing down stock and throwing a lot of hot chips then I will wear them. I am sick and tired of contact burns. If I am doing more normal work that does not throw large amounts of chips or small parts in the lathe gloves have no place around machine tools. But there is one exception. If the operations lend them selves to sharp edges.

But in the long run there is no replacement for common sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I never wear gloves when operating moving machinery, I have seen several "de-gloving" injuries first hand when I work in the heavy equipment field. However when just working around the shop on nasty greasy gunk the nitrile gloves cannot be beat.

4. Likes harsh.pandya16 liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

is this product gonna work with very small chips ??

Chips are passing through my gloved inside and stabbing me while setting up or lifting parts.