What's new
What's new

Hey it's my 4000th post. What don't I get for a prize?

Forrest Addy

Diamond
Last time at 3000 posts I didn't get a toaster. Maybe this time I won't get two toasters. The world is full of nifty items I will never get but just knowing I will never get them is somehow comforting.

Forrest

Please send me you physical address. I am a rice farmer and I would like to have the mill we use send you some rice. They have a gift box with several different products.

Grits

I'm with Stephanie.

well there is the "attaboy program". it works out there is one "attaboy" given for each post here. 15,000 posts gits you the adoration and respect of all the machinists worldwide and qualifies you as a leader of industry and the right to say anything without it being in question no matter how absurd or incorrect(plus the toaster-slightly used).however at 4,000 posts you only get our respect and we can raise an eye if needed and we will use the toaster until then for our pop-tarts(you have my respect and adoration tho')however - one *AWW-SHUCKS* wipes the whole slate clean......

Found this site through a google search that hit upon F. Addy's immortal post on collets vs. Weldon shank endmill toolholders.

H'yer's to the next 4K! :D

Strangely enough, I know this feller through PM, although I think I did see a HSM article once. It'd be funny if 95% of his work is somewhere else... :rolleyes:

Livin' a sheltered life out here in rural NC.

Hell, If Forrest wants a toaster I'll send him one if anyone can give me the address. Forrest is a great help and well worth a toaster to me for the info.

Rob

Way back when I was reading the Chaski board, I immediately figured out that this Forrest guy was one smart dude. Forrest, you have enhanced the lives of more people than you know. Thank you. And because of you, I want a planer, I freak out on guys who use grit on the lathe, and if the day is slow, I will brush clean the Bridgeport. --Doozer

Yo, Forest Addy dude,

Trust me, it's in the mail I tell ya.
baby-funny-cute-pictures-2.jpg

Hey Forest, I have found your postings very informative, a bit witty at times, sometimes a little cranky, and it has all been good.

Keep up the good work even if the toaster never gets there.

Patch

Back