What's new

I just uploaded a ~movie~....will you guys look

• Thread starter D. Thomas
  • Start date
  • Replies 28
  • Views 1,681
D

D. Thomas

at the link and tell me if it works ok ?

Sorry I had to temporarily remove the movie link as I'm getting some "excess bandwidth" notices from the server"
frown.gif

Probably will be ok only if you have a broadband connection, but I'm curious what happens with dialup too. I'm also curious to hear how quickly it starts playing on your computer. It starts within seconds on my machine but that may be only because it's already in memory on my hard drive somewhat...dunno. Anyway, any comments welcome.

[This message has been edited by D. Thomas (edited 01-17-2003).]

all i got was a black screen

i got it wit another media player

cool video

[This message has been edited by fredybear (edited 01-17-2003).]

I suspected it might be video codec related. I'm running the un-bloated v6.4 WMP. Surprised it didn't whine about it though.
Den

I got sound but no video, broadband using WMP 7.(something).
Definately looks to be codec thing. Didn't make it with high end video software did you?
JohnnyB

I used Pinnacle Studio Version 7 (under $100 but with excellent reputation...most of the schools around here use it)

What's "codec" ??

rklop, those are motorcycle wheels
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by D. Thomas (edited 01-16-2003).]

D, Well with a pokey dial up connection it opened up in a new window in Netscape 7 but I must not have what it takes to view a .wmv file. The screen was full of garbage.

Tried it also with Internet Explorer 6 and the same pokey dial up. It opened up in a new window but the download was supposed to take 1 hour and 2 minutes for the 22 MB. I didn't wait.

Worked just fine. Road Runner w/Windows Media Player. Neat lookin' bike wheels
biggrin.gif
But our safety guy would have a bird if we were running an enclosed machine with the door open. Sometimes they just don't under stand
rolleyes.gif

Interesting, as it is indeed a 22MB file, but the 22MB resides on this server and shouldn't require any download whatsoever to view it in streaming mode.

I uploaded one version in "dialup" quality that was only 3MB but the image was tiny and terrible quality.

Oh well, this is my first attempt...back to the "studio"
frown.gif

I sure would appreciate some more specifics...for instance, long time= ?? It takes from 3 to 6 seconds to start playing on my computer. Also, how large is the image ? About 4 x 5 on mine. How is the image quality ? Can you read the nameplate on the head for instance ?

Oh I dunno if I need to be concerned with you Netscape wierdos...
wink.gif

Fixed the black screen problem. Downloaded the .wmv file to my system. Your server dumped it at 225KBytes / second ... not bad.

Works fine now from local drive so problem must be in my firewall and security which I have set up.

Den

Worked great for me, but I'm at work and have a T-1 connection. I wouldn't want to try it thru dialup. Running Win 2000 and IE 5.5. Clicked on the link and Media Player launched, movie started within several seconds. Size was about 4x5, quality good, no speakers on this system, so no audio. Play speed was 505 k bits/second.

Mike

I'm on dial-up at 49 kbps.

Clicking on the link opened up a Windows Media window and it started downloading the file just fine. Seemed to buffer at about 1% of file size per minute.

I gave up at 5 minutes.

Mike, near Chicago

That rocked!! I have DSL and it started in about 4 minutes, with one 2 sec 'burp' at the end as the play rate overtook the download momentarily. Neat machine. The kid with the beard must be you, huh? ;)
GsT

Back