What's new
What's new

Induma Milling Machine

8ntsane

Aluminum
I have recently purchased a Induma 9x42 vertical milling machine. This machine has a 2-hp variable speed motor,and has no power feeds.I have a few questions, Does anyone know if Induma is still in busines. I have searched and found a address, phone and fax #s including e-mail but no response.

I would like to get a manual for this machine, if anyone has one. I will gladly pay whom ever could make a copy and send it to me. I don,t have any other input on this machine, it seems that these machines have a ID label that is not readable.
They didnt stamp the model # and serial# like the U.S built machines. All I have been told buy the last owner, it is a mid 70s machine.

The last question is about power feeds. Are power feeds somthing that could be adapted to any brand machine with out to much trouble? Do any of the members here have a machine of this description with a power feed, either factory installed, or added on afterwards?

Any input would be helpfull
Thanks in advance
Paul

Hi Paul,

By power feeds to you mean table feeds? You can add an X or Y table feed pretty readily to many manual mills. Adding something to the quill may be quite a different story, but I'd think that most B'port clones will already have quill power feed from the factory.

cheers,
Michael

I remember one or two "Induma" topics on this board over the last year. Now that the search works, try putting Induma in the search. A few topics do come up. It is an Italian machine BTW.
Mark

Induma is still in business. Inquieries are answered, but it does take a little time. Look for the S# on the knee at the left front on top of the flat surface. (I think thats where mine is.)

Thanks for the replys guys
gvasale, good to hear that they are still in biz.
I guess I will just sit back and wait for a reply from them. You are correct, the # is on the knee.
I thought it was the label on the RH side of the head.
secetal-Martin , would you mind sending me a pic or two of the feed that you rigged up on your machine? I,m very interested in this for my machine. Any infro you could give me would be most helpfull.What brand you used etc.

again thanks to all that replyed
Paul

italian factorys close during the year for vacation this is about the time they take off. i believe it is about 6 weeks. also if you sent your email in english it might get put to the side, for someone else to read. try using and english to italian language converter. it is free on the web i used it in college but i have no clue what the address is. there is also a spanish machine that is identical to the induma you might try them for parts. most will fit.

I used a Servo Type 80 Feed.I think it was a kit that Servo supplied. I know Servo is still around so try calling them for Info. Sorry I don't have their contact info. handy. Martin

Induma has replyed to my e-mail.
I was starting to wonder if they where still in biz. They still have the manual for my machine, in english too. They still have parts for it as well. Good to know concidering they said that judging from the serial# the mill was 1970-1975 vintage.
Indmachrep, I have a question for you. You had mentioned in your reply to me that a spanish mill was the same as the Induma, Do you recall the name brand of it? Just incase I need something down the road, it would be nice to know.

Secetal , Thanks for the tip on the power feed.
Though I could not find a type 80 on the site, but I,ll be checkin into that. Maybe I,m thinking of this wrong, but are most of these power feeds universal,and the mounting plate is the part that differ,s from one machine to the next?

I have noticed that they seel a feed for a Bridge Port, and it has three mounting holes in a arc, and the Induma has four mounting holes in a different pattern. Can someone tell me how this really is?

Thanks again guys, Cheers Paul

Bonjour Jean Claude,
Something tells me that asking another member to copy a Model 1-S manual he is buying and shipping to USA. i.e. scan it all and then send email that to him- with no offer of compensation seems a bit presumptuous. Also you were asking Fifteen years after the post!

However for all you other folks on here that might like an Induma ram-type turret milling machine manual, here is another source source:
INDUMA 1-S Vertical Turret Milling Machine Parts Manual - Ozark Tool Manuals & Books

WE also have two Induma 1-Ss in our shops, (might sell them) but none of us have wired them up to see how they work yet.

Join "Induma Milling Machines" group for manuals and discussion with other owners

Join the FaceBook group: Induma Milling Machines

There are a few different manuals with operating instruction and parts breakdowns in the Files section.

All 49 members (as of 11/26/21) own various versions of Induma milling machines.

Ted

Back