What's new
What's new

Induma milling machine info/opinions?

Richard Rogers

Titanium
Could someone tell me:

Are they good mills? Are they worth anything? There's a 9 x 42 machine in a shop we're going to buy out, and we won't need it. Where are they made? Has a horizontal attachment also.

Thanks,

Richard

there is one in my garage. If I'm not mistaken, its constrction appears to be heavier than a lot of BPs I've seen. But then there are those who say the offset feed of the "y" axis is a little funky etc.

If it looks like it will be "gifted to you" I would say don't pass it up.

[This message has been edited by gvasale (edited 04-19-2004).]

I have been using my Induma mill now for over a year, I have had a couple of Bridgeports, and I have nothing against them, hovever,I'll take the Induma hands down, I just feel it's a better constructed and engineered machine. Just my opinion, worth exactly what you paid for it.
Good luck with the new mill and shop!
Mike

i work on BP mostly but i have a induma and a westbury both are very simialar, i love bridgeport but i feel the induma table setup might be a little more beefy. they are good machines i would keep it and use it and sell the BP. only because you will get more for the bp, not because of its quality.

Does anyone know what V belt to use on a Induma 1-S ??

In the owners manual it says v belt A-86.

When i contacted my parts supplier and gave him a-86, the belt is like 2 meters long!!

Thanks for the help!

Glad to see this thread -- Just purchased a IMC Model 1957 by Induma Milano - Would like to find an operating manual for mine .. not sure if its close to the S1 or not .. The unit I have does have stamped on the the front is IMC but shows on data plate Induma .. Mine has a cooling reservoir on mine that is really nice! .. Had it loaded by a fork lift onto my trailer and now need to get it off .. Not sure of actual weight of this machine and would like to find out if anyone knows just what this bad boy weighs before I try removing it with my tractor.

The part number on my 1-S is 6835 D3K. Another guy who has one said he used a A33.

There's a FaceBook Induma milling machine group and if you ask there you might get better answers. I never realized how many variants of these machines there are out there. There are horizontal machine owners in the group as well.

Induma Milling Machines

Ted

Hey guys, got the belt mentioned above, and everything is running great except for the back gear...when i change it it pretty much locks the spindle. Ill take a picture of the lever im talking about later on and post it. Also, im missing a handwheel for the quill. Still need to figure out how to lock the quill feed in place and unlock it. Basically got to get used to manipulating it.

Thnaks

Back