What's new
What's new

machining celazole

kryptik

Plastic
We're curently running parts out of celazole and are getting mixed results depending on speeds and feeds. This material is very tough on HSS and indexible tooling dulls very quickly. Also, we've found parting this material to be very difficult as it is very brittle. We run this stuff from time to time and are still looking for advice on machining it. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Darrin

You never know until you try.Diamond inserts?I ran into one those situations where the type of metal was unknown.It ate up HSS as if the HSS was sand.Dulled carbide beyond imagination.Ended up making an quick holder for a diamond dresser and that solved the problem.

Have had some success with diamond inserts but still feel we could be more productive. Celazole, believe it or not is a plastic. Thanks for the input though.

i had a plastic that gave me a similar problem, try sticking it in the fridge for half an hour before machining, same works for rubber, it sounded crazy to me till i tried it on the advice of an old toolmaker i know

Back