Manual for Reed-Prentice
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have an antique Reed-Prentice lathe. I am looking for a manual, but can't seem to find anything on this machine. if anyone knows anything on it or has a manual, I would appreciate it if you could tell me alittle more on it or, I'd like to get a copy of the manual. Thanks for any help, I'll try to post some pictures of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Forum member Widlin scanned the mid thirties gear head sales info I loaned him. This was on 14, 16 and 20" machines

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another member, Smootz, is working on having copies of his thirties/forties era manual made. Look back through the last few pages of this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oran, I can send you a CD or e-mail you the info John mentioned (he kindly lent me his historical data and I scanned and it as a PDF). I also have Reed-Prentice manual from the 1950 that I have some photo copies of that you can have one of. Smootz is a member of my yahoo Reed-Prentice group and is making/working on coping his manual. I have been promising the group to scan mine and PDF it but I have been a horrible slacker on that for a variety of reasons. Where in PA are you, I am in Bel Air MD which is about 20 miles north of Baltimore.

Jeff

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ReedPrentice/

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kentucky
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Reed- prentice

Quote Originally Posted by johnoder View Post
    Forum member Widlin scanned the mid thirties gear head sales info I loaned him. This was on 14, 16 and 20" machines

John
    Good evening i have recently found this group I work at a scrapyard and I just purchased a reed lathe and a cross milling machine from work I noticed where you're talkin about a model 14 which is delayed I have acquired how would I go about finding Dias can stuff that you're talkin about I've got no books on this and trying to locate some any help would be greatly appreciated if u like u may email to my e mail is [email protected] yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyrhamby View Post
    Good evening i have recently found this group I work at a scrapyard and I just purchased a reed lathe and a cross milling machine from work I noticed where you're talkin about a model 14 which is delayed I have acquired how would I go about finding Dias can stuff that you're talkin about I've got no books on this and trying to locate some any help would be greatly appreciated if u like u may email to my e mail is [email protected] yahoo.com

Hi Bobby

About all I know of is here and is mostly very old

Reed-Prentice Co. - Publication Reprints | VintageMachinery.org

ph