What's new
What's new

MicroKinetics CNC Lathe

You need to read my other post on this company Microkinetics and read this.

You know this company sucks theirs only one person their that is Nice Norm is a AZZ HOLE period he has never reply to any of my email If you want a Big Headache But their **** I can guarantee you one within days of getting it. Also Murice is also a IDIOT never responded either what a waste of $13,000 I'm filing a complaint with the BBB on Monday and post this same message on YouTube and any and all machinist forums i Fing had it

You need to read my other post on this company Microkinetics and read this.

You know this company sucks theirs only one person their that is Nice Norm is a AZZ HOLE period he has never reply to any of my email If you want a Big Headache But their **** I can guarantee you one within days of getting it. Also Murice is also a IDIOT never responded either what a waste of $13,000 I'm filing a complaint with the BBB on Monday and post this same message on YouTube and any and all machinist forums i Fing had it

Pssssssssssssssssst... His original post was 8 years ago.

I'm pretty sure he is pissed at the company about something .................

Beware of both ............................

This is an open Letter to Mr. Gilson (ClassicCannons):

Sir, you're not a customer of MicroKinetics. You obtained a used machine from a 3rd party (for $5,600 not $13,000 as you stated in other posts) which we are willing to support but you have to sign up for annual tech support service (only $150). You did, you obtained tech support then demanded a refund which we gave you. The net result is you have spent $0 with us. We were happy to see you go due to your preemptive barrage of insults and threats instead of communicating clearly and professionally about the issues. The only good thing you can do for us is to buy a machine from a competitor. Like they say at some establishments: "No shoes No shirt No service". In technical and engineering communications, you need to have some professionalism or no one will want to do business with you. PS. In reference to you calling my engineer Norm a name, you are out of line. Norm has been an exemplary employee and very professional in his conduct. Norm retired the end of 2012. I, my long time employees and scores of appreciative customers remain grateful for his commendable service.

Last edited:
This thread is comical, we have one guy who bought basically a second hand Harbor Freight lathe with a retro fit style control thinking it would hold .0001 all day long. Then on the other hand we have the guy who sells this junk claiming leading aerospace companies buy it and are pleased with it. (read his other post in a different thread). This is PM comedy at it's best. We have a delusional guy arguing with a bold face liar.

It usually takes several more posts to get this level of drama built up... We are getting somewhere. (Although, I don't think it's somewhere good)

:popcorn:

Dualkit:
When we started in the 80's we tested several import brands to select a suitable one as a base for our CNC. Some of the imports were actually decent. Keep in mind that almost all U.S. and European manufacturers castings are of the Asian import variety anyway. Our lathes offer accuracy and repeatability that are excellent for the purpose intended: Prototyping and small to medium production runs. We typically hold .001" on diameter and that is acceptable for a great number of applications. Also we are the only company to my knowledge that includes a 5 year warranty on our controllers and free software updates and have been doing so for 28 years! I don't expect you to agree with me on everything but you must admit, we're at least decent. If you'd like, read our latest newsletter at Newsletter from MicroKinetics if you want to learn about what new products we just added.

I know this is an old post sorry to resurrect but, So far my experience recently with Microkinetics had been satisfactory. They do come off a bit salty but the service is acceptable. Exemplary would be if they had a support forum for their products and software. They have answered all but one question of mine satisfactory I guess on the wiring and connectivity I am on my own to figure that out. It just takes a bit of time to trace everything out but I will post my solution on many forums for others that have asked the same questions in the coming weeks.

Photo of My CNC Project... I Should have first movements next weekend I hope!
Appart.jpg

Back