What's new
What's new

New low trailer

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Lift-a-Load has been discussed here before but the new Lo Riser is one I wasn't are of until today. Hopefully it's a bit less expensive than the Lift-a-Load.

loriser-open.jpg

www.advancemetalworking.com

Might be a little cheaper but still looks spensive. Wouldn't that be one handy thang though? Mount a 12K winch on the front and the world is your oystur.

Imagine this scenario: Your at an auction. One of those that only insured riggers can rig and proof of ins. required before anything moves. You go up to the auction and state that you want permission to "drag" anything you win aboard one of these trailers. Recon what they would say?

Spud, 3 years ago, a Lift-a-Load trailer capable of hauling 10,000 lbs was $16,000. The other trailer whose bed can go down to the ground (but unlike the Lift-a-Load not to dock height as well) is the Triple L, which is about $9,000 for 10K capacity.

But the Triple L is a rather doofus looking affair if not the box side type, since it needs those sides for the lifting track. So even without sides it has to have a framework for the lift track, which gets in the way.

So, this new Lo Riser seems to be the first "almost to the ground" open sided trailer that seems practical.

I am trying to get a feel for how ridged it is but there are no pics of the underside and close ups of the wheel to bed connection.Where all is the bed supported :confused:

I'm guessing it would be a long day hauling a 13.8k load via standard bumper-pull hitch ball, though.
I've hauled up to 10,000 lb load (plus trailer) with a standard rear hitch and didn't find it objectionable. The key is to have the load position just right on the trailer and a truck with stiff enough suspension...which most "one ton" trucks have.

wouldnt trade my triple L for anything on the market...dont care what the sides look like, and for the lathes/mills/products/tractors and every other god lovin thing i haul, sides on a trailer are hardly an issue..flat to the ground rocks. if i did a lot of dock stuff the regular lift a load may be handy, but still prefer the rails layin on the ground

plastiko, if someone offered you for free either a brand new Lo Riser or a new Triple L, both same size and capacities, which would you choose ? It sounds like you'd choose the Triple L...but why ?? I see zero advantage to the Triple L design over the Lo Riser, but do see major advantage of the Lo Riser for those of us that lift machines from the sides and in tie down arrangement.

(keeping in mind that many of us would "drag on" but forklift off in the case of machine tools)

don i think i would..as a hsm guy without a forklift..i'll take every advantage i can flat is flat, but i agree that slope is not too bad. also i do use those "sides" to hold some ply for hauling "loose" items..sorta like a 1/2 box trailer. so it is more of a utility trailer for me..and a hauler. for you..i think the lift loads would be great..one that would work at both dock height, ground and not have sides for your loading would be awesome..but for me the triple L is more "useful"
scott

plastiko, read more carefully, I wasn't asking you to choose between Triple L and Lift-a-Load, I said Lo Riser.

But now I see for your situation you actually like the "sides", for keeping the semi lose stuff from flying out..so now I understand that part at least.

Re the Lift-a-Load....I doubt I would ever own one as they are just too heavy, too complex, not "solid" enough, too prone to rust, and too expensive.

sorry, was clear in my mind..just not conveyed. would chose the triple L. also, interesting point..as i will be scrape/cleaning some paint/rust on the trailer this spring..what do you mean.."to prone to rust" just all the steel? mechanics? or is this a common complaint?

Those hydraulic "bullrides" sometimes seen at bars come to mind
Dang, I had forgotten those mechanical bulls.. Wake up Sunday morning (or Afternoon :confused: ) with not only an aching head, but wondering where all those black and blue bruises came from... :(

What dare I ask is the point in the lifting mechanism?

My "neighbor" runs an auto/forktruck repair outfit at his home and he had a trailer custom built to haul forktrucks. It sits real low and you can drive a forktruck on or winch on a dead one real easy. His is made with a goose - so that aint no issue either. Looks kinda different - but I guess that's b/c it is!

The builder (I am pretty sure) is the same as my trailer as we had a dealer in the area some yrs ago. The builder would be Jamies Welding in Oklahoma. I can prolly find a bit more specific info on his location off my build tag if need be. I am sure it wasn't all that $alty.

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

That Lo Riser looksl ike it would drag on every speed bump and motel entry in the country. Is there some key to it?

plastik... prone to rust is based on the fact that everyone of the Lift-a-Loads I've seen for sale on the used market (4 total) was rusted all to hell. And two of them were in Arizona ! Plus they have so many more moving parts and crevices for rust to form on. If I paid $16,000 for a trailer I think I'd have to figure out some way to keep it indoors !

well i guess i would have to agree don..mine is i think a 2000 model?? and is covered in a good deal of "surface rust" ...i know you love that term..grin... and i have work ahead of me getting it cleaned and painted. must be the way they prep these things..dunno.

Back