What's new
What's new

OT Electric carving knife use method

michiganbuck

Diamond
I have been fighting this electric knife for two years since I got it as a gift.
it seemed way uncomfortable trying to finger pull the start button while pishing the knife..

Today carving a bird I flipped it upside down and pulled the start button with my thumb.. It worked like a charm.

Disclaimer: ..I'm not responsible if you try this and have a mishap.

I have been fighting this electric knife for two years since I got it as a gift.
it seemed way uncomfortable trying to finger pull the start button while pishing the knife..

Today carving a bird I flipped it upside down and pulled the start button with my thumb.. It worked like a charm.
The only thing electric carving knives are good for is cutting foam (like in upholstery, not waves.) They work really good for that though. Really really good.

Disclaimer: ..I'm not responsible if you try this and have a mishap.

"Cooks Country" did a review on them.

Years ago I had to cut some large pieces or urethane foam that were too large for my band saw so we mounted an electric knife in the middle of a large work table. This was a one time job but we left it set up. Eventually the guy responsible for safety noticed it and said it needed a guard. The maintenance man came by and screwed down a piece of pipe and pipe flange so the entire blade was covered (he was a wise ass). The safety guy came back to check on it and asked how it worked and we assured him all was a ok

Back