Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Miscellaneous analog quartz watches with "Japan movement" for everyday. No tears if it gets busted and has to be tossed. Used to buy the ones sold by Sharp until they switched to Chinese movements.

I modify the size of the expansion bands myself and change my own batteries. I've got a small kit that includes various tools including a crab and a cheap watch press.

Watch goes in pocket if working on machines, welding etc. I was taught to have nothing past the elbows around machinery by an instructor who had a finger missing where a ring got caught.

An older Seiko for "dress" wear. Not at all a fancy person and a fancy watch on me would be like "lipstick on a pig".
    A necro-thread revived by a salesman and of all people YOU take the bait?

Quit wearing watches at all - Seiko's mostly - shortly after the first retirement, 1994. Cellphone was more useful, also tells time.

Even so.. how many of y'all have taken note just how well the human brain keeps time, no third-party gadgets needed at all?

Try it. Train it. Rely on it.

Batteries are already included, yah simply eat reg'lar.

And it won't raise a skin rash on yer wrist.

Downside?

The human brain DOES tend to waste time better than it KEEPS time, WILL get caught up in motating machinery - specifically as to buying the damndest collection of "Old Iron" on which to waste that time more pleasantly and insure any "spare money" doesn't lie idle, either.

2. Likes DrHook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I threw my watch out the window,
    because I wanted to see time fly

4. Likes fusker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Check post #119. A spammer bumped this 13 year old thread. He joined up to spam a link to a page selling watches.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Check post #119. A spammer bumped this 13 year old thread. He joined up to spam a link to a page selling watches.
    Gets hisself f**ked as more folks give it a thought, realize few even NEED a watch of any kind, what with all the hand-help gadgetry they carry, regardless.

Mind.. as "eldest Son", etc. I've got the gold one G'Dad earned off the back of retiring, 44 years service, B&O railroad. Nice case. Primitive movement though.

But it is hung off a hook under a glass bell-jar amongst other curios on display.

The "POTS plus" armoured Kyocera flip phone gets far more accurate "network" time, GPS location as well.

Never even been DRUNK enough -so far .. to have forgot where TF I am and actually NEEDED that GPS" feature, either, though!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    I threw my watch out the window,
    because I wanted to see time fly
    By the time yah gits THAT senile? The eyesight isn't often good enough to make the observation!

All you accomplish is to add to the "where TF did it GO?" mystery of pico-primordial black holes!

BTW: "it's PM, dammit!"

The FAR more appropriate question, THIS crowd, than "What type of watch do you wear?" should have to do with tooling and machinery:

"What type of WEAR do you WATCH?"

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Striker1s View Post
    Oh, I heard about this watch, but I didn’t know that it is so durable. My friends knew how much I love Rolexes and gave me a watch for $ 2,000 at Christmas. But once I accidentally fell and my watch broke and I started looking a new, high-quality model. I was advised to test the watches from G-SHOCK, and I decided to read the g shock watch review. According to the reviews of people, I realized that this is really a quality thing and decided to order. And for two weeks now I have been waiting for my order, and I already eager to open the box with a new watch.
    I also had such a watch, they are very good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I like to watch...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I like to watch...
    "Two" watch? One each wrist, different time zones?

The multiple-movement models could get a tad cumbersome?

https://www.amazon.com/Lucianothai-D.../dp/B00ZJABE2Y

"..we don't know when this item will be back in stock."

I'm good with that.

We probably ALL are, if only so the knuckles drag equally on the ground, both sides?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Swatch...with cat eyes n shit

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I like skeleton watches. Even the very, very cheap ones. It's a machinist thing, all that little precision shit moving. The more exposed the better.
    Dad went and oh my god over the watches. I could give a shit over the big buck shiny and diamond Rolex.(my brother has a different view for reasons I just do not get)
    Grandpa's almost worthless retirement pocket watch from Buick.. different because of what he went through.
    When I wear a watch I want it to say I get and work in the world of complicated and precise so 50 bucks or even less is just fine for such a open.
    In this day of electronic everything how can any machinist not love a watch that shows off some mechanical detail. That is what we do.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Way better than the spammer's link. Mine's an Atomic Clock.

Composed entirely of 'em. Kind of hard to read the minute hands, though.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    I like skeleton watches. Even the very, very cheap ones. It's a machinist thing, all that little precision shit moving. The more exposed the better.
    When I wear a watch I want it to say I get and work in the world of complicated and precise so 50 bucks or even less is just fine for such a open.

In this day of electronic everything how can any machinist not love a watch that shows off some mechanical detail. That is what we do.
    Bob
    Funny you should mention that.. I "get it".

And the $50 "skeleton" one probably LOOKS more impressive than a $50 THOUSAND dollar real-deal tilt-winder:

Blancpain Villeret 6633-1500-55B

Or more:

Patek Philippe Complications Skeleton 5180/1R

Plus one can actually dare to wear your one, rather than store it in a Bank Vault for the next generation to sell toward their collitch moan debts!