What's new
What's new

Rebuild kits for Victor oxygen/Ace gauges??

chief mcgee

Aluminum
I am rebuilding a set of Victor gauges. Where can I get the little rubber
seal that is inside the Oxygen gauge? Local welding shop says they can't get them.
Thanks

I contacted Victor about parts to rebuild a set a regulators, and they wouldn't sell me anything.

This is despite my assertion that I worked on analytical instrumentation for the life-sciences industry and was fully competent to do the work.

The assumption is that if you don't sell parts, you won't be responsible when someone manages to blow themselves (and others) to bits.

It seems , due to liability, you can't buy any rebuild parts any longer and it is a real ripoff to have to spend $150.00 plus to get a new regulator when all you need is a new diaphragm or seat. Of course you can get a HF for $39.00.

I had a o2 regulator rebuilt at the local shop for about $40.

Peace of mind was worth it, unless you do it all the time you are likely to miss something important. Even if you don't, they do it all the time and know EXACTLY what to look for.

If you can't get it done locally, search the net and send it out, you might even get a better price.

I had a diaphram blow out once, and that made me think about how serious this simple item really is.

I am cheep, and I like to tinker, but better judgement sometimes takes over. I might consider it if I could get a full parts kit and the instructions and tolerences for the spring and what ever else might wear. But maybe not even then.

Just my opinion.

Dave J

I recall seeing a sign in a local welding supply about an exchange program for Victor regulators. The cost seemed reasonable.

Here is one: <a href="http://www.tollgas.com/services/repair.htm" target="_blank">link
</a>

Try Google, "Victor welding equip. repair"

I had a machine torch rebuilt by my local AIR Gas dealer, which sent it off. The total cost was $110.00, I thought it was a pretty good deal considering what a new one cost. I am pretty sure about all the Air Gas and Nex Air dealerships have someone they can send it to.
Chris

I had a machine torch rebuilt by my local AIR Gas dealer, which sent it off.
I took my Victor oxygen and acetylene regulators to my local AirGas shop to have them rebuilt. They sent them to a shop in Phoenix and had them back within a week. Total cost for rebuilding BOTH was about $110. The rebuilding included new inlet connectors and new lenses on the gauges.
These are the VTS 450 two stage heavy-duty regulators. They're over $360 each from MSC.
FWIW...

I send mine to an outfit in Grand Prairie Texas,,
Torch&Gauge Inc.
2350 NW Dallas Street
Grand Prairie, Tx 75050

turnaround time is excellent, charges are more than fair,,they will go through regulator, replace seats, seals , o rings etc,,charge is usually 30-45 dollars,,,they do outstanding work

There is another outfit in Georgia, Torch&Regulator Exchange,,I have only ordered some small parts like stems, nuts,and replacement regulator gauges

I send mine to:
Comic-Con 218: Homer Can Eat All The Food | THE SIMPSONS - YouTube

turnaround time is excellent, charges are more than fair,,they will go through regulator, replace seats, seals , o rings etc,,charge is usually 30-45 dollars,,,they do outstanding work

There is another outfit:
Loudon Wainwright III "Dead Skunk" - YouTube
have only ordered some small parts like stems, nuts,and replacement regulator gauges

I'm sure the OP has fixed their problem 12 years ago SPAMMER

Back