Reid 2B Surface Grinder
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I recently bought a used WWII era surface grinder off Ebay that has automatic electric feed. The Y crossfeed mechanism is missing, however. It looks like someone started to repair it and gave up. Does anyone have manuals or repair documentation for Reid Grinders? Anyone with a 2B they could take pictures of the relevant areas from? I'd like to restore this machine to it's original working condition if possible, but it's difficult to fabricate missing parts I've never seen :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I haven't seen any references to manuals online or hard copy.

I also have a Reid 2B that I am working on ( starters were toasted ). The y feed mechanism seems to work and I would be happy to send you some snapshots if that would help.

This forum has been such a help to me, it was nice to see something where I might be of use.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Reid 2B questions

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    I haven't seen any references to manuals online or hard copy.

I also have a Reid 2B that I am working on ( starters were toasted ). The y feed mechanism seems to work and I would be happy to send you some snapshots if that would help.

This forum has been such a help to me, it was nice to see something where I might be of use.

Steve
    Steve,

I have a 2B I am working on. I have no idea when you posted the above but I would very much like to start a conversation with you concerning the cross feed mechanism on the grinder, if you wouldn’t mind.

Glenn Bewley