What's new
What's new

Reid 2B Surface Grinder

Eclectic

Plastic
I recently bought a used WWII era surface grinder off Ebay that has automatic electric feed. The Y crossfeed mechanism is missing, however. It looks like someone started to repair it and gave up. Does anyone have manuals or repair documentation for Reid Grinders? Anyone with a 2B they could take pictures of the relevant areas from? I'd like to restore this machine to it's original working condition if possible, but it's difficult to fabricate missing parts I've never seen :-(

I haven't seen any references to manuals online or hard copy.

I also have a Reid 2B that I am working on ( starters were toasted ). The y feed mechanism seems to work and I would be happy to send you some snapshots if that would help.

This forum has been such a help to me, it was nice to see something where I might be of use.

Steve

Reid 2B questions

I haven't seen any references to manuals online or hard copy.

I also have a Reid 2B that I am working on ( starters were toasted ). The y feed mechanism seems to work and I would be happy to send you some snapshots if that would help.

This forum has been such a help to me, it was nice to see something where I might be of use.

Steve

Steve,

I have a 2B I am working on. I have no idea when you posted the above but I would very much like to start a conversation with you concerning the cross feed mechanism on the grinder, if you wouldn’t mind.

Glenn Bewley

I, too, just acquired a Reid 2-B that's missing it's auto cross-feed mechanism. The original thread above is pretty ancient, but Glenn, if you're still around, I'd love to discuss 2-B grinders and see what you've got.

Likely no help, but I did have one of those that I sold 20 years ago. The crossfeed was a very simple ratchet assembly driven off of the mechanism that cycled the table traverse belt.

Back