What's new
What's new

Right Angle Attachment Help

jr45acp

Aluminum
I'm seeking any information on a Quill Master Milling Attachment, Type JA. What I'm hoping to find is a parts diagram in a pdf format that someone has and would be willing to share with me. Getting this unit up and running is an assignment I've received in a machining class at my local community college, so any help or advice is sincerely appreciated.

And yes, I posted this on the "other board" ( :D ) too.

TIA

John B

David,

I am curious, have you replaced the collets on the Quillmaster as of yet? And if so, what collets did you use?

As you probably are aware, the original ones made by Bridgeport are no longer being made. I can get an original .125(3/16") collet, but not the .188 or the end mill holder. I could get these special made, however; I assume that these are available elsewhere.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Regards,
Dee

David, we still need to hook up some day so I can get that right angle attachment from you. This is the schools and am trying to get it up and going for them. One of those, extra credit things.

Incidently, Miss Dee, is absolutely the best. She's helping me out with a parts diagram, which is a good start.

John B

Dee,
If those collets are available, I haven't been lucky enough to find them. Manufacturing them as single items couldn't be feasible from a cost perspective, but if you could get a bunch of them made, it might be worth trying. Keeping the cost down low enough to recoup your money from ebay sales would be great. Unfortunately most people don't use the quillmaster enough to warrant spending a lot on collets. I have the .188 in mine, would love to have the .125.
David from jax

That UGLY right angle head is sitting next to my quillmaster. Hope it doesn't rub off on it.
Been busy on this end too, figure it will get done when you find a job that needs it, then one of us will have to take a drive.
David from jax

Dave,

If you would like, give me a call as I can obtain the .125 Collet(you can get it within a week). It is however, a little salty in price.

Regards,
Dee(800)906-0012

David, the only thing wrong is the missing collets. I don't know how the school came to have it, but that's what is needed to get it up and going. Dee has been a tremendous source of help on this "assignment"!

Change of subject, but do you think we're going to get wet? Isn't looking too good right now. Am considering heading to higher ground. Like Atlanta, maybe, if it gets too close.

John B

Stay Safe and Good Luck!!

I would rather leave and be safe, than stay and be safe, but my work doesn't see it that way. Hoping they come to their senses if it gets too close, but by that time, it will be too late to leave. I have my wife and daughter and inlaws all packed up, ready to head for Gulf Breeze, Florida. (A good friend on that end is also packed in case it takes a swath across Florida over into the Gulf)
Guess I will still be here, cussing my career choice which has put food on our table for years.
David from jax

David, the jury is still out here on the leave or stay. It does look like it's going to come in south of your postion though. I've got a nephew down there that I haven't been able to get in touch with. If the worst case scenario develops I will do all in my power to help you out, as required.

John B

I don't envy you guys who live in the path of the hurricane. I often wonder why all the houses down there aren't build of concrete and in a round shape like a pill to withstand the wind! But at least you do get some advance warning, not like the tornadoes in my part of the country.

Sandman, when you talk about "That UGLY right angle head", I hope you don't mean the one that I sold you! ;)

Busted!!!

Yep that is the one, I am giving it to John, as a token of appreciation for the Shaper he gave me. I ended up with another one with a support, plus went haywire with the Volstro stuff, so i don't use it, and figured he could.
David from jax

Yep, that would be the one. I do believe that it is a perfect match to the mill. Must have painted it with the same can of "Glossy Ugly" that the mill was painted with.
David from Jax

JR45ACP will be able to change his displayed screen name to Rightangleugly
(Just kidding John)

David from jax

Managed to get thru the night without Francis destroying everything. I will have plenty of limbls to cut up later. Still running the mother in laws house across the street on my generator, but I have power since six a.m.
Hopefully everyone else fared as well.
David from jax

Back