What's new
What's new

On the ropes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoney Broke

Plastic
To the american working family. We, Our families, friends, co-workers, etc, have been talking about the report that the american economy can rebound if the american worker starts to spend, as 2/3 of the economy is run by our spending. Well to put it in a nutshell, ""WE HAVE NO MONEY TO SPEND"" Most of us have lost our jobs, and the rest are working at lower paying positions, just trying to make each day meet. Our credit cards are maxed out, so this is making it harder on us also. Yes, there are things we need, but even at these interest free offers and no payments, we can not take the chance any longer. So, to all the business peole on TV and in the papers, etc who say the american worker will return with money to help the economy, we all have been talking and we all ( many, many, many of us in all different states!) came to the same conclusion, "WE HAVE NO MONEY TO SPEND" Happy Labor Day!!

If your credit cards are maxed out, the reason you don't have any money is that you're spending it faster than you can earn it and paying it back with interest that you can't afford either. Pretty simple math really. And your reason for your post was sympathy? I don't think I can provide any,unless of course you would like to pay it back with interest.

Well Stoney;

I was raised by depresson era parents on how to manage money. Their most important point was, learn to manage your money well and control debts.
My Dad would always say, "what would you do if you lost your job?"

Families and businesses that find themselves in trouble usually have larg debts. Somewhere along the line they took chances, gambled, got gready or were just plain stupid. Repeating the same mistakes expecting different results. In addition, people and businesses need to learn marketable skills and be willing to change skills as conditions change. Doing the same old thing year after year is as dangerous as to much debt.

Next, credit cards are not for poor people. They are tools of convenience such as purchasing
on-line and traveling expenses to name a few. Typicaly, people with maxed out credit cards have never learned to manage their money or their life.
Hope this helps,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back