What's new
What's new

Saved Searches?

Ox

Diamond
Does anyone know if'n it's possible to search Ebay and actually use a "not" ?

As in - Say I wunna search fer a live toolholder - but we all know that three guys will list things three diff ways - so if I type in just "live" I should catch them all - but then I get 125 live centers! If I put in "Live Holder" I find that some that I looked at aint there anymore - so those musta not had "holderrs" in the title.

So - It would be snazzy to say the least if'n a feller could enter "live (/center)" or something along those lines.

Does a feature like that exist?

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

As mudflap said: center live -dead -driving -wood -woodworking Asking for a center first then live,If not would would end up with live anythings, there needs to be a space between each "not" item. For the most possible live centers search all catergories then select the most promising sub-sub catergories.

Oh - that's just the ticket!

You know what - you guys are ALRIGHT!

(I don't care what I said aboot you 5 minutes ago... ;) )

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

You can also search for two phrases at the same time with parentheses and commas. such as:

(bandsaw, band saw) listings with either in the title will come up.

or to make it more refined

(bandsaw, band saw) -(new, import) this searches for the either of the first two and then subtracts either of the next two.

Pete

That's kinda kewl. I have some multiple searches just spelled diff to cover just such an issue. That may come in handy.

(I must have 20 that come acrost every day - and a number of them that hardly ever pop up.)

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back