What's new
What's new

Stirling engine

prgmti

Plastic
Hi everybody. I'm a regular reader, but not poster. Does anybody have any plans for a Stirling engine that they would be willing to post, or know of a website where I can find some without having to order them. The problem lies in that I'm 17 and can't order anything online, so free is better. Thanks for the help.

NASA had something on their site with animation that showed how their Stirlings worked. Neat, but not any plans. Shows how they work, however.

There is a Stirling engine group on yahoo. If you join, there are some pictures and maybe some plans. It is called something like SENSUA. I can't remember and I belong to it.

Linsay Publications has books. You can get a catalog from them and order from it. They won't care how old you are if you send them a postal money order.

Hey, I've said it before and I'll say it again...among others Live Steam and Modeltec have published MANY plans for such, get thee to a library(remember those
and you will find many designs all free! BTW if you don't know ANY libray can get, through interlibrary loan, copies of anything for you,a great service!

I have in my grubby little hands, a sprial bound book called "Making Stirling Engines" by Andy Ross. Email me your address and it be there soon.
It doenst really have any plans in it but contains a ton of info pertaining to design and construction ideas. I have no use for it so , send me yer name and address and I get it out to ya :D
Jim

Email me and I'll send you plans for one I made a few years ago. I have some very well detailed plans. Only had a 6" Carftsman lathe at the time, so I can say from experience that it doesn't take much of a shop.
Bill

prgmti
If you would like some plans for small steam engines email me. I will send you some links that have plans for several types. Respect

Surely you have some adult in your life that can order plans from Mr. Howell.

Any dang type of Stirling engine you could hope to ever come across.

I have built his miser, and am now building a stirling powered fan.

www.jerry-howell.com

I too would love to build a stirling engine. Plans are easy to find. Question: For someone just starting out (as a hobby) what machines would you recommend for small projects like this.
Funds are extremely limited so I'm thinking of HF junk to get started. And also what about sherline?

Back