What's new
What's new

Table saw info???

Anyone have a parts diagram for the SCM SI-15FS sliding table saw; Specifically the parts that attach to the sliding cast iron main table? Don T???

Rockwell imported these in the mid 70's. Take 12 to 16" diameter blades, and have a cast iron sliding section on the left like some of the old american saws like Tannewitz.

However, on the SCM/SCMI, there is also a skeleton extention "table" that is supported by an articulating arm, for long stock. This extension (from pictures in my old catalogs) "apparently" consists of a couple tubes and some adjustable (re-postionable) brackets, supports, and connecting hardware to attach the assembly to the cast iron table and support it on the artculating arm.

The cast iron slider and the articulatin arm are complete on this saw. Just the extension framework table is missing. I'd like to see some clear pictures of the parts, if possile, to fab it.

Also, if anyone has a parts list for the saw, It would be handy to have a part# for the ball bearings that have a solid "pointy" outer race on which the V-ways of the slider, roll. I can make one if necessary, but nice not to have to invent the wheel, etc...

Thanks!
smt

Stephen,

I have a 10 inch Unisaw with the 34-485 sliding table attachment. It fits your description exactly, but is probably smaller. I have the parts list and instruction manual and can take photos for you if you like.

Jim Williams

I have an SCMI sliding panel saw of about 1990 vintage, but can't remember the model number. Mine is 8 or 10 foot slider (can't remember that either), probably different from yours but I can check tomorrow. Can't remember if I have the manual or not either...man, I'm loosin it, eh ? :eek:

OK, here's what it looks like, from a '79 catalog.

Table travel is 50" cross cut. That is adequate, as i already have a 9' automatic beam saw for panels. But the TS would be handy for cross cuts & odd miters on wide parts.

Also need a wiring diagram at the _motor_. This is a Euro style where a bunch of dogbone shaped links are dispersed among 12 poles on an alternator cap looking thing, with no lables or markings as to what is what. I need to know how to re-distribute the shunts and where to hook the wires for 220 V. I "think" (based on heater and control size) that this is currently (no pun intended, etc.) wired for 440v.

tablesawSCM-SI-15FS.jpg

Thanks for any help!
smt

Take a look at www.owwm.com for older woodwroking manuals and literature. They also archibe the Yahoo OWWM group posts in a searchable format and you might find some info there, too.

Even better might be to visit the Yahoo OWWM site and ask directly. The folks there seem pretty helpful.

Mike

Mike-

here's my post over there.

http://discussion.oldwwmachines.com/detail.asp?ID=50940

I did search the archives a few days ago. Not sure I went everyhere, but didn't find much SCM stuff. My moniker on OWWM is "Ssonerai", though i haven't posted much in the last year for reasons stated. Back when it took a full week to fill a page worth of messages on OWWM, Yahoo wouldn't let me use my own name, so I just went with the name of a project (sonerai airplane) that once interested me.

smt, still hoping for motor wiring diagrams or advice

Stephen, just out of curiosity, what does Delta have to say about all this ? What's their year limit on how far back they go into the old Rockwell industrial line for parts and documentation ?

D-

I actually tried there (their website) first and quickly gave up. Nothing but the modern contractor stuff. Then tried SCMI and only found the Euro/main branch. My computer and dial up service is not up to searching that.

*However* per your note this AM, i tried the Delta site again, got the phone # and talked to a real person who kept telling me that my part # was wrong. Finally got her to understand that this was an older machine, imported from SCMI. She went away a while and then came back with SCM's US HQ 800# down in GA. That guy emailed me a link to te data. I do not know if it will work. I try to get something running, then go do an errand or work. Worked my way to the (I think) right documents, but they keep timing out on my land line.

However, the data seems to exist. Thanks for the suggestion!

smt

smt

Hey Stephen, I’m trying to hunt down a manual and parts for a SCMI SL 12, but maybe the manual you found would suffice. Would you be willing to share? Thanks.

Back