What's new
What's new

Texaco waylube D / G & PC - R&O equivs. ?

Metalworkist

Aluminum
Does anyone know what would be avail from Enco (placing an order today) for:

Texaco "D" waylube

Texaco Regal PC-R&O

Texaco Regal oil "G"

Texaco Multifak #2 grease

Texaco Crater No. 2X

It's for a Clausing lathe.

If anyone knows what the equivalents are I'd appreciate it.

I can help you with some, but like Art said, it's best to call Clausing. This must go back into the 1960's because most is before my cross reference.

Texaco "D" waylube = Mobil Vactra #2
Texaco Multifak #2 = Mobilux EP2 or Mobilith EP2
Texaco Crater #2x = Mobiltac A

The Regal R&O is rust and oxidation inhibited hydraulic oil. One is for the head stock and the other is for the gear box or apron. My guess would be Mobil DTE 24 or DTE oil-light(ISO-32) for the headstock and Mobil DTE 25 or DTE oil medium (ISO-46) for the other.

The Mobiltac A will be hard to find. That is an open gear lube with "tacifiers" added. You might have to contact your local Mobil distributor and see if anybody in your area is using it. They might sell or give you some.

JR

Thanks JRIowa, you're right.

They (Clausing) really weren't sure on the grease, he just said any grease.

He said these didn't really "equal" the original , but using these would be fine.

D = Vactra 2

PC-R&O is a light hyd. oil = DTE24

This light hyd. oil goes in the hydraulic variable speed control (and the headstock)...the service guy at Enco recommended DTE "circulating oil" for both at first, until I told him Clausing said it should be DTE24 because it was "hydraulic" system, he then reconsidered.

G = Mobil gear 630

The guy at Clausing wasn't sure about the No.2x either, it's recommended for the quadtrant after cleaning, he thought maybe just use the Vactra or way lube on it.

Thanks !

[ 06-27-2005, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Metalworkist ]

According to a local Texaco distributor Texaco D is a 68 viscosity rating general lubricant. The current version is Texaco's Regal RO 68

Re the Texaco #68....I think you'd be better off using a true way lube like Vactra #2, or whatever the other equivalents may be from other mfgrs. We keep some ISO68 hydraulic oil for certain pcs of heavy equipment, and although way lube carries an ISO VG of 68, it seems a lot more tacky than the 68 hydraulic oil.

For open gears, I've used both Crown and LubeMaster open gear products which are moly based and come in spray cans. I think Mobil also has a similar open gear lube. Both seem to work very well, and we've used them on swing gears and other open gears on heavy equipment as well as using them on the geartrain on engine lathes. Both are seriously sticky and do not sling off. I've found its best to spray the grease on a slick pc of paper and then apply it to the gears with a small brush, as attempting to spray it and not make a hell of a mess is just about impossible.

I can help you with some, but like Art said, it's best to call Clausing. This must go back into the 1960's because most is before my cross reference.

Texaco "D" waylube = Mobil Vactra #2
Texaco Multifak #2 = Mobilux EP2 or Mobilith EP2
Texaco Crater #2x = Mobiltac A

The Regal R&O is rust and oxidation inhibited hydraulic oil. One is for the head stock and the other is for the gear box or apron. My guess would be Mobil DTE 24 or DTE oil-light(ISO-32) for the headstock and Mobil DTE 25 or DTE oil medium (ISO-46) for the other.

The Mobiltac A will be hard to find. That is an open gear lube with "tacifiers" added. You might have to contact your local Mobil distributor and see if anybody in your area is using it. They might sell or give you some.

JR
See picture FYI
5decb35fd28dd3a01ab67e0d806bf150.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back