What's new

3M trizact sanding belts

• Thread starter Charles C Shearon
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 2,809
C

Charles C Shearon

Been using expen$ive trizact sanding belts in home shop for a year now. I feel that they are worth the extra cost. Any other "user comments"? Thanks. Charles

Been using the 3.5" dia ones on a dynabrade inflatable wheel to polish stainless.Stuff really eats the metal, just have to work your way up in grits depending on what your starting with.The finest tri zact will produce a polish that is ready for the buffer.

Doug,
I use Trizact on a 2"X36" (guess) Multitool conversion on a yard sale Craftsman bench grinder. Sand sheared and sawn edges. Also welds. In fact most anything that needs sanding or grinding. Will get Trizact for 1"X 42" sander when I run out of existing supply. Have not yet considered them for 6"X 48" Rockwell sander. Charles

It surpises me that more people don't use them. We sell them to 5 or 6 different places and they all swear by them.
I have never used them but it would seem that the finish on your part would be more unifrom than w/ a A/O belt.

3M minimums are a pain in the but to deal with. We had the people from Minneapolis or St. Paul to our shop, got all set up on a 5 piece minimum, next thing you know. "Well they don't come like that any more." It's stupid. I need to buy as much as a dealer would to get a good price. Anybody know of a dealer that stocks them and has a good price? We liked them but since 3M and our local dealer didn't want to sell small quanities we went back to Norzon AO. We use 3.5 X 15 and 18 X 85.

Back