What's new
What's new

Turnmaster 1340 - Manuals or info?

GTD

Aluminum
I'm looking for manuals, parts diagram or general info on a 1980's Turnmaster 1340 lathe.
I've searched the forums and discovered the Sharp 1340, while not an exact clone, is likely made by the same company. There doesn't seem to be much info other than: contact Republic/Lagun.
Does anyone know the actual name of the manufacturer? Can you spell in in English?
The machine I'm working on is operating but in need of some long overdo maintenance.

Thanks in advance, George

17-4
Yes that's the beast - but an older version of it.
I have contacted Lagun - Yes, they support the lathe; it's their prices that scare me.
Republic/Lagun markets the lathe here in the U.S. but it's apparent that it's made in Taiwan by someone - and sold under different names. Some of the features may vary but the main components are likely to be exactly the same.
I'm in need of a manual, some handles and other wear items. These, I expect, are common to more than one machine. If I can find others with similar machines, some may be parting them out. These parts can fit more "brands" of lathes than the machine from which they came.

Attachments

• Parts 016 a.jpg
    Parts 016 a.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 2,188
Got one

I have an operation/parts manual that covers the 13x30 and 13x40 Turnmaster.

Original manual.

PM me your phone number and I'll contact you this weekend.

Last edited:
That looks like my Colchester 2500 master. Also Grizzly G0509 looks like the turnmaster. my manual gives a good illustrated parts breakdown but the operating instructions leave a lot to be desired.
re

I'm looking for manuals, parts diagram or general info on a 1980's Turnmaster 1340 lathe.
I've searched the forums and discovered the Sharp 1340, while not an exact clone, is likely made by the same company. There doesn't seem to be much info other than: contact Republic/Lagun.
Does anyone know the actual name of the manufacturer? Can you spell in in English?
The machine I'm working on is operating but in need of some long overdo maintenance.

Thanks in advance, George
Do you still need a manual / parts list? We have a photo copy of our 13" X 30" VS (variable speed) 1984 Turnmaster lathe.

Do you still have a photo copy of the manuals for your 13x30VS Turnmaster? If so I need one and am willing to pay for it.

Regards

Jim Avard

Back