What's new
What's new

Wanted Geka mechanical ironworker manual

scott t

Cast Iron
I just picked up a Geka mechanical ironworker and would like to find a manual on it.
I have e-mail the manufacturer and they don't have one so I thought I would ask here.
I know its a long shot but what the heck.
Model number is CEP/13-h

Thanks Scott

Did you actually email Geka in Spain, or just Comeq in Baltimore?

Because I am not sure whether Comeq has always been the importer, especially as long ago as 30 to 40 years ago when they were making mechanicals.

If you havent already done it, I would try the Basques- the ones who actually make them.
http://www.geka.es/

I have a newer, Hydraulic Geka, and I have to say there isnt much in the manual you cant figure out on your own- the only real value the manual has, as far as I am concerned, is the wiring diagram. And the mechanical is so much simpler, with just a couple of switches and a motor, that it wouldnt be as useful.
The rest of my manual is full page safety warnings with 8 words on them, saying dont put your finger here.

What specifically do you need to know?

Hi Reis, I did e-mail Geka in spain with no luck. I just wanted a parts break down to check a few things.
I guess I will just take it apart if I have too.

How has your Hydraulic unit been, I have heard nothing but good things about Geka's.

Thanks Scott

Geka=Good Stuff.
I love mine. Never had a problem with it beyond the set screw coming loose on the limit switch, which is pretty easy to fix.
They stopped making mechanicals by 1980, but my guess is that there was an overlap period, with both being made in the 80's.
The newer ones like mine have the best tables and stops in the business, and a real nice electric stop that automatically operates the machine.

You could watch for the machine to come up on ebay that lists a manual and email the seller or buyer and ask to make you a copy for a fee. I did that with my Hydrashift and the buyer was nice enough to make me a copy for the mailing cost. I sent him a $20. for his trouble.

This might work, but I have never seen a Geka mechanical on ebay. A quick search of completed auctions comes up with none, but I dont know how far back that goes.

My guess is that there are probably 100 or so in north america.

It would be kind of like looking for somebody selling a Subaru 360 on ebay, then trying to get an owners manual from them.
It could happen. But it isnt very likely.

Whereas there were thousands of Hydrashift lathes sold here.
They come up on ebay every month.

New Member Hi all.
We are a fab shop attached to a small industrial building firm, we do frames cladding & plant repairs for the Co.
Looking for a full wiring diagram for a Geka hydracrop50 an old machine but excellent.
The problem is it punches but does not return could be electrical or hydraulic.
going to cost £1000 aprox with tax to have engineer have a look

Back