What's new
What's new

What is deal with 800Watt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surplusjohn

Diamond
I ordered some odds and ends from 800 Watt on ebay 2 weeks ago, no delivery or answers to my emails. Even though they have 800 negatives they still have a high rating , something like 98%. Nothing I am in urgent need of, just bargins like magnetic vise jaws, a set of 1/4 end mills for about a buck each, etc. Has anyone had any experience with these guys? I don't have high expectations but it would be nice to get the stuff eventually!

surplusjohn,

I have made a couple of purchases from him before. After the first one I swore that I would never do business again with him. The second purchase was a mistake on my part, forgot his name. :eek:

He is the slowest person I have ever dealt with, but he has always come through with the goods as advertised though.

He has never answered my emails either. After a reasonable wait I have sent him a "If you don't hurry up with my order, I am leaving you a negative feedback". Still doesn't answer, but made me feel better and I received the product shortly afterwards. I don't think my nasty email affected him at all, it was just probably my turn in his queue.

I just finished ordering a few things from him. Sent an email asking if he would combine shipping to save me a few bucks. When I quit buying and still hadn't paid, got a one-word response "YES". Then when I finished, I sent a note saying I was done buying for awhile and received an invoice for a reduced total; not as much reduction as I had hoped, but not unreasonable either. Too early for me to be really expecting the stuff yet...

You are right, though. He isn't the most verbose person on eBay.

Charles

I feel your pain. I've made it a policy not to buy from ebay sellers who have any sizable number of negative feedbacks. Figure it's safer that way.
Mark

I bought from him once. No communication and slow shipping. The item did arrive, so no complaint there. I won't buy from him anymore, just get a bad feeling when the seller doesn't respond. KJ

Ive bought a few things from him, ER32Collet set Very cheap made but very cheap price. Guy has an attitude about answering emails after you commit to purchase. I wont mess with him again either!

The problem I have is that I really want some ER40 collets for my lathe project, and he's the only one selling sets at reasonable (for HSM use) rates.

What he needs...is some competition! :eek:

-Mike

Hi all,

I have purchased a few items from 800 Watt, and it is as you say, the item will get there eventually! And NO he does not seem to enjoy using the computer!

He does have some excellent products and some excellent deals, just do not use him if you have a rush job! This is strictly a window shopping exercise.

I for some reason, have the same experience with Joe up at Plaza and yet everyone Raves about him. He also is a man of few words, small e-mails and longtime shipping. Also, it seems he is not pressed to make a sale, as I have been after him for 2AB collets for well over a year. He states, "One of these days I'll get around to digging them out." But once again, he is in a small niche market, where he has the rarer pieces, and there is not much elsewhere to go.

So basically dealing with these guys is an exercise in patience. If you need something and need it now, you go to Grainger, McMaster-Carr, or MSC.

My $.02 Ken

I bought my ER40 collets from him, he has the best price. But he is super slow and will not answer emails. I had most of the chuck body done waiting for collets to finish the rest, 1 month. But he came thru, and i am happy now. I do recomend him for the cheapest collet price, but cheap does have a price. If you are in a hurry don't buy from him...Bob
Hey Mike i can loan you one if you want to get started on your chuck.

Bob, Thanks for the offer.

I think this conversation about 800Watt and the relative scarcity of cheap ER collets has caused me to think that maybe some configuration of 5C collets would be better for me in the long run. I already have them!

Maybe 800watt really means (800 Whats?) as in speak up I cna't hear you all! :D

my former girlfriend bought me a AXA aloris clone toolpost from 800watt, she was panicking cause it took a long time to come, and he didnt respond to any emails, it was a christmas gift for me so she was going crazy, but the item did come, and it was an excelent item for being chinese made, it was used alot on my 10 inch logan and now on my 14 inch logan it gets some heavy use, and has held up and functioned far better than any other chinese aloris clone i have ever used. it seems the general concensous is that most people get there items in the end, but he doesnt respond to any emails at all

John, It will come ultimately. Don't expect to see it before a month's time. I thought he had ripped me off, so I started sending him an email every day with the same message: "I have not yet recieved shipment of auction number ... Is there a problem?" Basically, I took a page out of Shawshank Redemption. I received it about a week later.

Nick :cool:

I received this message:
your items are on the way via ups ground, you'll get them at any second,thanks.
It came from a unfamiliar email address, I got the idea but the whole thing is pretty slipshod.

I actually got a reply from him, the day after the part arrived.

I had no problem with the quality of the merchandise.

I think he has too many irons in the fire so to speak, and has no time for customer service.

I might buy from him again, only if I can't find the item from anyone else.

Thanks,
Paul

Don't leave feedback for him, he will never leave it for you.

Deivery of four to eight weeks is common.

No response to emails.

In a word HE IS A F***ING IDIOT :D Sorry, that should have read "in five words"................

I'm slow in shipping stuff sometimes and it comes from a very heavy workload and the fact that once I come in the door after work the last think I want to do is go back out and drive 10 miles to the Fed Ex shipping point. So I put it off until tommorrow.

Then tommorrow comes and its a repeat of today.

I can relate to Plaza Machinery being slow. I did finally get my stuff, but don't know that I want to do any more business with him.

I'm slow in shipping stuff sometimes and it comes from a very heavy workload and the fact that once I come in the door after work the last think I want to do is go back out and drive 10 miles to the Fed Ex shipping point. So I put it off until tommorrow.
Right away now that reminds me of a famous one-liner:::::::::::::::::::

"If we are too busy or tired to service our customers in a timely fashion, then it'll come that we won't have any customers to service."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back