What's new
What's new

What's Your Age? & How Many Years Experience in Machining?

Verne,

Doesnt seem to be like your a "newbie" ;)

I'm going since January of this year and I'm 18

Dimitri

The DNA has been at it awhile, 5 generations as far as I know, while all of us were not solely dedicated to machining as a career, everyone's run the machines at some time or another. About 15 years at it for me.

35 yrs Old, 20 Yrs Exp this year...I worked full time in a Machine shop when I was 16...made $20K in my senior year in HS,...probably made more than some teachers did then,lol..

I was thinking the other day, ill have over 50 years exp when I retire at 67(the age of retirement for whippersnappers,lol)

45 years old, started in 1980, 26 years
experience, learning something new every day.

55yrs old been machining for 44 yrs. made my spending money in jr. high making parts 1963.

Matt my family has been working metal for over 400 yrs. it really is in the genes...jim

65 (choke wheeze) and I been making chips on my Dad's South Bend since I was 10 or 11. I started my apprenticeship in 1961. So that's (gasp) 45 years. By crackie. Hee hee. I'm still learning.

17 been machining for a bit over 2 years. Been working at a metal fab/sculpture studio shop for ~20 months. It was only about a month on a b-port before I noticed this trade was far too vast to learn it all... All the more reason to keep at it.

67 years old this month. Started learning to weld in my father's shop before I was 10 and attended US Navy Machinery Repairman school in 1958. Been learning ever since and am just getting warmed up.

Back