What's new
What's new

Wm. Sellers cutter Grinder-missing parts

Jerald MI.

Hot Rolled
I obtained a cutter grinder, I believe. It was made by Wm. Sellers and Co., Philedelphia PA., "type 1G".The motor is a 1/3 hp. GE.

Does anyone know of these and might there be a pic of a complete tool someplace? I would like to make the necessary parts to grind cutters.-Thanks-Jerald

What you have is "most" of a drill grinder. I have one also. Great from sharpening that old drill bit. The 1G sharpens up to about a 3/4" bit I think. Ill take a picture of it setup (which is gonna look crazy) and post it here. This is one case where a picture is worth a thousand words.

1735312sellers1g.jpg

I have one of those as well, that I gor for not much money. Mine has a DC motor, and I havent got around to making a converter yet. It came with a lot of holders/drillbit ends. They need some scothchbrite. I Think I also got a diamond sharpener as well.

Any info??, or does anyone want this thing? It will sharpen big drill bits.

JL Sargent- Thanks, that's what I have. Mine is missing the hardware to hold the drill. I was hoping it was a cutter grinder.

The grinder was thrown in when I bought a bench top Atlas shaper and mill, last week. The seller of the two Atlas's wanted to be rid of it.......guess it's mine now! It came with a bunch of grinding wheels.

Any idea what it would take to convert it to sharpening cutters?-Jerald

What a coincidence! I just this past Monday bought one of these units at a flea market.
Does not look as good as JL's but SEEMS complete....But also seems to be locked up/wheel will not turn....Have not had a chance to tear into it yet.....
Does either one one you possible have a manual and could I possibly get a copy of it?
Would be happy to pay copy/mailing/etc costs.....Or a scan.....

If you have everything thats green in the picture then you have the critical drill grinding angle already provided. You could fab. a V type drill holder that other grinders incorporated that I think would work here. The jaws as it is, would be very difficult to reproduce unfortunately. If I hunt up the manual for it, make you a physical copy, and mail it to you, what would be fair? 10 bucks delivered? If I had it on the puter I would just email it to you free.

OK- make me a manual copy too.

My grinder has not been painted and looks good but there are some parts added. I was told by the owner, his dad converted it to a lawn mower blade grinder.

Pl'z email addy to send the money to-Thanks, Jerald

sellers type 1 drill grinder

I have one of those as well, that I gor for not much money. Mine has a DC motor, and I havent got around to making a converter yet. It came with a lot of holders/drillbit ends. They need some scothchbrite. I Think I also got a diamond sharpener as well.

Any info??, or does anyone want this thing? It will sharpen big drill bits.

By chance do you still have this grinder and would you part with it?

Sellers 1G chuck parts

I obtained a cutter grinder, I believe. It was made by Wm. Sellers and Co., Philedelphia PA., "type 1G".The motor is a 1/3 hp. GE.

Does anyone know of these and might there be a pic of a complete tool someplace? I would like to make the necessary parts to grind cutters.-Thanks-Jerald

Also, does anyone know where to get replacement chucks for the Sellers 1G? They made a ton of these but I cannot find the chucks anywhere. I tried Farmington several times but I think they are out of the business. Any help appreciated.
thanks Mark

Back