What's new
What's new

Is this Yamazen Lancer lathe worth anything?

300TD4x4

Aluminum
I got this lathe with some other tools I bought. It is missing the motor and tailstock and has surface rust. There appears to be virtually no wear to the ways. Is it worth anything? It says Yamazen and Lancer on it. Was it probably made in China?

Lancer1.jpg

Lancer2.jpg

Yamazen is Taiwan, they make Supermax and I think Alliant, pretty good mills, never seen their lathes, probably good. I would say an somewhat oddball brand, with no tailstock but not to old and inch metric, and a nice size, would bring at least 1000 bucks on ebay, probably more. Motor is no big deal, tailstock deffinetly is a big deal since a replacement would be expensive and you are unlikely to find a used one, but it would be worth contacting yamazen to see if it would be available.

Funny

I have that lathe now

Came here looking to see if could find a link to a manual for it. Yamazen doesn't have any thing on their website

LOL!
even funnier, I just bought one. mine is a little different from the one in the pic - it has the same variable speed drive(3 HP) but with a different gearbox/apron
FWIW-nice machine - D1-4 spindle, 1 3/8" bore, 40-1800rpm backgeared headstock, 3 MT tailstock, nice wide bed(9"+), t-slot cross slide...
in all it seems to be pretty heavily built for a 12" machine.
actual manufacturer seems to be Turret Machinery Co. Taiwan

Where you ever able to find the manual? I have a basket case that I'm trying to put back together.

I understand that this is an old thread. Due to the lack of info on the lancer this is my best option. I also have just purchased a 12" lancer with collet closer, steady rest, tail stock, 3jaw. Im looking for a manual if available, and I would like to make some contacts to discuss this particular machine. I plan to completely disassemble and restore.

Back