What's new
What's new

.01 thick 1.25" diameter Carbide Slitting Saw

carlop

Plastic
Any body ever run a blade this small?

Im at 2100 RPM, .0001 FPT

going in .277" deep.

had only one nozzle of flood coolant on it no I put all freakin 5 nozzles on it seems to be working.

I have one where its busted, i dont think I can rerun it. there a tiny bit of carbide and part of little high speed blade i was trying to fish the carbide of old blade out.

I have used diamond coated bronze saw blades that thin with good results. I would think it would be asking a lot for a carbide blade due to the brittleness. You did not say what you are trying to cut. Could you elaborate?

oh shoot where did you find those blades at?

yes the carbide ones suck they are too brittle you can snap one loading on arbor if you dont machine some special spacers for it.

it 4140, making some equalizing ports.

hmm i dont think that type of blade is what im looking for

it has to be circular saw

You're running 650 SFM. You might need to slow it down a touch if it's prehardened 4140. Feedrate of .0001 ipt seems really light. You should be able to get close to .0008-.0015.

You are going to need to get the runout as close to '0' as possible. You're dealing with tenths per tooth chip load. If you have a few tenths of runout, that will really throw your feed per tooth off.

Back