What's new
What's new

12" Digital Caliper Suggestion--Need Quick

munruh

Hot Rolled
Just ran into something this morning that I need another caliper for. I have plenty of 0-6 Mitutoyos and love them. However this part measures 6.375. I need it quick, by Tuesday if possible. Amazon has a Mit 0-8 digital for a good price, however I would like to replace my 20 year old 12" dial calipers that are not accurate with a new digital one. Any suggestions?

Just ran into something this morning that I need another caliper for. I have plenty of 0-6 Mitutoyos and love them. However this part measures 6.375. I need it quick, by Tuesday if possible. Amazon has a Mit 0-8 digital for a good price, however I would like to replace my 20 year old 12" dial calipers that are not accurate with a new digital one. Any suggestions?

Mitutoyo is the only real digital caliper All others are not worth owning. My 12" Mits have been with me for 15 years, what has that cost per day? Basically nothing so why try to save a few bucks on an off brand that probably eats batteries Like a hungry kid.

I love my Mitutoyo stuff, have 4 mics and 3 calipers, but a couple of years ago when I needed a 12" caliper I couldn't justify the price.
So I bought an 'Insize' 12" caliper from Cutwel in the UK. It's a Chinese measuring instrument company, but the quality is good and I've been very pleased with it. Though like almost all others, it uses the battery up in less than half the time Mitutoyos do.
Worth a look

I love my Mitutoyo stuff, have 4 mics and 3 calipers, but a couple of years ago when I needed a 12" caliper I couldn't justify the price.
So I bought an 'Insize' 12" caliper from Cutwel in the UK. It's a Chinese measuring instrument company, but the quality is good and I've been very pleased with it. Though like almost all others, it uses the battery up in less than half the time Mitutoyos do.
Worth a look

The Insize stuff is a mixed bag, exercise caution there...

I have a few bits and pieces and the quality is inconsistent. Clearly sourced from many manufacturers and badged by them.

On the good side, I have a full set of 3 point bore mics from Insize bought as a backup set, the mics themselves are functional and accurate, finish is pretty good, although the cases are really nasty cheap plastic.

On the opposite end of the spectrum I bought one of our apprentices a centre clamping indicator stand, dial indicator, and test indicator, all Insize, all absolute bottom tier crap, not fit to use even for an apprentice. I should have returned the whole lot.

No suggestions on digital 12"

However, if this is a rarely used item (flame away! :typing:) I would just go with china branded dials....

:leaving:

I have some I bought 20 years ago that are still pretty dang accurate for what they are.. (see other threads i posted about them)...

Back