What's new
What's new

12 volt hydraulic pump needed. High volume with 120psi max.

Scruffy887

Titanium
I have a European panel stacker with a 1000kg capacity. As delivered it looks like a small pallet stacker and lifting is air over oil. As you slide panels off the forks lift to keep the top panel at the set height, or slide them on and it will lower by that amount.
I want to convert it to electric use because I never use it for panel stacking. It has a 6" ID lifting cylinder and a big enough oil tank, just need a pump and battery. Any ideas?

check northern tools. in the trailer section for dump trailers and it's been a while but I think they also have a hydraulic section in the catalog that may have something.

Air over oil... At first I was looking at cylinder size and thinking that is huge for a hydraulic cylinder.

You can get moderately priced 12v pumps, but with the volume they move, it would take forever to lift whatever you want to lift.
At the pressure needed you could run it on a garden hose with a few valves.

You are looking at a gallon and half per foot of lift.

But its already set for air over oil. 12v air compressors are cheap, far cheaper than even the cheapest hydraulic pumps.

Air over oil... At first I was looking at cylinder size and thinking that is huge for a hydraulic cylinder.

You can get moderately priced 12v pumps, but with the volume they move, it would take forever to lift whatever you want to lift.
At the pressure needed you could run it on a garden hose with a few valves.

You are looking at a gallon and half per foot of lift.

But its already set for air over oil. 12v air compressors are cheap, far cheaper than even the cheapest hydraulic pumps.
Great minds think alike :)

Back