Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Montana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 1947 Clark Carloader Forklift

Hi, I have been using this forum for quite some time for all sorts of different topics but I have seen a lot on older forklifts here. At my work we have been using a 1947 Clark Car loader for the last 3 years and have finally upgraded to something bigger but I was wondering if there are any antique forklift enthusiast out there interested in something this old or a good place to sell it where it wont just get scrapped. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I used a small 60's towmotor up until a few days ago when I got a new lift. The towmotor was a great first forklift and I plan to sell it once I have some time on the new lift. Condition is everything with an old lift. Nobody wants one that needs engine work, leaking cylinders, no brakes, worn tires. Also the larger they are, the harder they are to sell. You can get a smaller one moved on a rollback no problem for a few hundred bucks, a 20k lift will cost a lot more to move.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I sold mine, I put an ad on Craigs list and had folks knocking down my door for it. If it runs and is not totally trashed, you should not have any trouble selling it. Parts for the engine are still available and Clark still has repair parts for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post a pic here with a little more info, like lift capacity, its total weight, known problems, etc. There is a chance someone here would want it. I have a buddy that recently moved to northern Idaho and he needs a forklift...