What's new
What's new

2nd Boring Head

Mumf

Aluminum
20200715_205548_resized.jpg20200715_205447_resized.jpg

Following on from the post i just submitted. Here is the second boring head. Again i want to use with Cat 50 holder. I am not sure how to get this arbor off. i took the bolt out of the shaft but it is still solidly attached. Any suggestions?

thanks Mumf

Just use a tool holder (Weldon) that fits the existing shank of the head.....its a boring head after all. You won't over run the rigidity of the shank running boring tools ...its not a face mill....
Cheers Ross

The shank looks tapered in the 2nd pic. Threaded in back for a drawbar? Might find a CAT holder for a Morse. 'Euro' taper, no idea.

Maybe taper fit in the head as well?

it is definitely tapered, looks like MT 4. It is threaded in the back but not for a draw bar. it just had a bolt that i removed. I will likley go with a CAT/MT holder. I'll wait until i can get one at a decent price since i am in no rush. i bought this with a D'Andrea head, so that will do me for a while - probably my life time! tks for the replies.

Collis on a major auction site for 35 bucks.

I would have guessed MT 5 by scaling the pic with my tape measure and the scale in the pic. But there's that perspective thing again.

i will measure it. i wish $35. i am in Canada and we pay much more up here. trouble with an auction is that they never give the detail on what exactly the holders are and visually identifying MT would be tough-at least for me! thanks for the feedback.

Back