Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 3/4 to 7/8 dia x .0625 slitting saw and long arbor

I can’t seem to find a tool that I desperately need, maybe y’all can help me out. I found a saw on maritool, a 3/4 by 1/16 with a 1/4” arbor but didn’t have a 1/4” arbor available. Maybe I looked over it a hundred times but I did not see it.

The arbor is going to be a little more difficult to find bc it needs to to be able to reach about 3.5” to get to one of the slots and the rest get shallower and shallower. The id of the smallest hole would the size of 1” schedule 40 pipe and be .5 from top and the largest would be about 8” and 3.5” from the top. I might have to buy two arbor sizes and saw size but I would like to do it with one tool. The job is bronze casting.

Since I mentioned maritool above.... have they stopped making non dual contact 40 taper shrink fit holders? I went to buy some and while there is a section for them there are none listed. I do see dual contact though so was just wondering if I should wait or buy elsewhere?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn_Laughlin View Post
    have they stopped making non dual contact 40 taper shrink fit holders?
    Temporarily they have, I asked Frank in another thread and he said they will start making them again soon.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Anything out of the ordinary and we just roll our own.

How much clearance you have/need between part and shank? Find an appropriate size piece of TGP, turn (or grind) down your 1/4", make a cap, thread the end.

4. Likes Mtndew liked this post