What's new
What's new

3 month delivery time on Capto tooling. WTF?

Gobo

Titanium
We were told that it would take 3 months to get C-5 rotary Capto tools from Sandvik. Seems ridiculous. Anyone else having similar problems?

We were told that it would take 3 months to get C-5 rotary Capto tools from Sandvik. Seems ridiculous. Anyone else having similar problems?

So according to my Sandvik guy, there is a LOT of Capto that is not stocked, and is made to order. I got a similar lead time on some holders for the lathe, because of C3 being an oddball size that is relatively rarely ordered.

So according to my Sandvik guy, there is a LOT of Capto that is not stocked, and is made to order. I got a similar lead time on some holders for the lathe, because of C3 being an oddball size that is relatively rarely ordered.

I guess that's just the way it is. It sucks to have to set brand new machines up, then just tear out the temp tooling when the real stuff shows up.

This is tooling for new machines, and we are locked into who we can buy them from.

Well sucks to be you. Smart ass comments aside, can you share why? Have you explained to whoever you are reporting to it is a 3 month lead time?

I was tooling up some Integrex about a year ago with C6 and not having issues so I am guessing it is the size, but it's just a guess...

Well sucks to be you. Smart ass comments aside, can you share why? Have you explained to whoever you are reporting to it is a 3 month lead time?

I was tooling up some Integrex about a year ago with C6 and not having issues so I am guessing it is the size, but it's just a guess...
The machines were purchased with tooling certificates from Sandvik.

You're talking about live tools for a lathe with capto spindles?

Because those are almost certainly made to order.

Even the static ones are made to order because of all the different turret types they have to support.

You're talking about live tools for a lathe with capto spindles?

Because those are almost certainly made to order.

Even the static ones are made to order because of all the different turret types they have to support.

The static tools were no problem. It is for a DMG Mori NLX. They make boatloads of that model. The rotary tools are the what we are waiting on.

Back