What's new
What's new

3D models

fusco.ivan

Plastic
Hi! my name is Ivan, i'm new here in practical machinist. I'm studing about machining and doing some CAD CAM work for a haas ST20Y machine. I'm trying to get the ST20Y 3D model for trying to do a CAM simulation with it. The real machine has a KITAGAWA B208 chuck and i can't find it's 3D model too. I would like somebody to recommend me about this. Thanks!!

Ivan Fusco

Hi! my name is Ivan, i'm new here in practical machinist. I'm studing about machining and doing some CAD CAM work for a haas ST20Y machine. I'm trying to get the ST20Y 3D model for trying to do a CAM simulation with it. The real machine has a KITAGAWA B208 chuck and i can't find it's 3D model too. I would like somebody to recommend me about this. Thanks!!

Ivan Fusco

Tape measure and calipers...

Tape measure and calipers...

Ivan Fusco

Yes, I make fixtures for machines, and I just measure them, and quickly model them as a single block (usually) Tape measure to start, and get more accurate as needed (mounting points etc.).

BTW where in Argentina ?

How about sharing some pix of your shop, the area, etc.

I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. we are in quarantine these days and i'm not working right now. But this is the only CNC machine in the company i'm working. I'm using FUSION 360 and found into 'cam samples' a 3'' 3 jaw chuck and worked good for the moment, but the one that is installed in the machine is a KITAGAWA B208, that's the reason why i'm looking for it's 3D model (to make all the machining processes and more realistic)

Yes, I make fixtures for machines, and I just measure them, and quickly model them as a single block (usually) Tape measure to start, and get more accurate as needed (mounting points etc.).

BTW where in Argentina ?

How about sharing some pix of your shop, the area, etc.

I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. we are in quarantine these days and i'm not working right now. But this is the only CNC machine in the company i'm working. I'm using FUSION 360 and found into 'cam samples' a 3'' 3 jaw chuck and worked good for the moment, but the one that is installed in the machine is a KITAGAWA B208, that's the reason why i'm looking for it's 3D model (to make all the machining processes and more realistic)

I'm probably not understanding your question, but are you actually wanting to simulate motion? You're not going to find a model with enough detail to do that and I'm not sure why you'd want to. If you just want a blob that's shaped like a Haas then here's one: Free CAD Designs, Files & 3D Models | The GrabCAD Community Library

Kitagawa has 2D drawings of their chucks on their websites. It wouldn't take much effort to turn those into a 3D model.

Back